Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Road Rhino Bumper, Rubber Duck Brush Guard, E&G Wide Flairs (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42574)

[__--MUD--__] 09-17-2012 03:45 PM

Re: Road Rhino Bumper, Rubber Duck Brush Guard, E&G Wide Flairs

well this all started as by buddy w/ the body shop said he has some time to paint the frame and undercarriage, cover up the surface rust.

Everything went to hell from there. lets do this, and also that. oh **** road armor bumpers diy kit cheap. I've purpopsly not tracked my expences. Everything total i've done to the truck I'm sure is close to equal to the value I bought it for.

On a plus note, truck it paid off next month :)

H2Much 09-29-2012 07:04 PM

Dang Mud, sounds like you are doing what I was getting ready to do but all by yourself. I too was going to go with a custom made front and rear bumper similar to the Road Armor ones since Road Armor is just a raping on price. Had to cut my Treehugger to fit the extended flares too, just like you did. Have been looking for someone to custom fab me a bumper with the brushguard on it as I did not like the ghetto bolt up a billion things setup on it.

Just got back from the offroad shop today after discussing solutions for my lift too, needing something bigger to ease the play in my 40's. Anyway, I will jump on and post pics when I get the ball rolling on the custom bumpers, but I have to say yours is awesome! Props to you for being man enough to do it on your own.

[__--MUD--__] 11-27-2012 07:47 PM

Here is my latest update...

I designed a center link, idler and pitman setup unlike anything on the market. Gone through a number of revisions w/ a machine shop out west. The stupid ****ing cock smokers shipped my parts to someone else.

Whoever this mother ****er is that got it, patented my ****. The machine shop claims its not their fault- even though they personally ship and deliver to their vendors...they own the trucks. Refuse to give me my parts that have already been made, been in my hands and sent back for additional revisions claiming that because of the new patent- They can't give me my **** back.

I didn't give a **** about making a cent off this. I just wanted something bulletproof for my own rig. Something should be hitting the market shortly, the secretary at the machine shop slipped and said the patent holder has an order to manufacture through them.

****ing dickheads.

ROUSHDEMON 11-28-2012 12:49 AM

Holy sh*t that sucks!...... I never saw this post, that's crazy stuff you're doing, wish I could still see all the pics.

[__--MUD--__] 11-28-2012 08:32 PM

damn facebook changing the urls of the images. I'll see if I can figure out what ones there were and postem on photobucket.

ROUSHDEMON 12-19-2012 02:53 AM

HEY!... where are those pics??!??!:soapbox: lol

H2duramax 04-18-2013 02:27 PM

Mud? Any progress?

STL Zombie Hunter 04-20-2013 06:10 PM

I'm in the middle of putting a Road Rhino bumper on mine as we speak. It arrived yesterday, Line-X to be applied Monday and hopefully will have H2 out of the body shop by next weekend. It was in an accident so insurance bought me this bumper :thumbs
I'll post a pic shortly on my 'Wrecked my Hummer' thread.
Looking forward to seeing MUDs pics as well....

H2duramax 08-30-2014 08:18 PM

Any updates?