Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A day with Disco's!!!! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9738)

HummerGirl 09-23-2003 12:23 AM

okay I have been gone too long..what the hell is a TACO???? some kind of mexican jeep???

~amy
White 2003 H2
Got Soap?

Kevin B 09-23-2003 12:31 AM

Hummergirl, it's short for a Toyota Tacoma. Thats where the "Taco" comes from.

Steve tell me that wasn't Ho and Scrover and I won't call B.S on your story

SuperPoser 09-23-2003 12:50 AM

very well writen dude!

that hill looks fun!
be pretty nasty if it was muddy...
I know how pics don't do it justice...
I've got a movie of me doing a step-up hill, not that big, but 3, 3-4' cliffs in it...
easy when its dry, a lot more difficult when its wet...

anyways, I've got a movie of it, and it looks very easy...

http://www.pa-tacomas.com/videos.html

there's also a movie of marshall jumping his rig before he sas'ed it...

http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~melliott/hobbies.htm

Ted 09-23-2003 12:51 AM

That long wheelbase, and IFS comes in handy sometimes

HummerGirl 09-23-2003 12:55 AM

ooooooooooooooohhhh....HAHAHAHAAA!!!

That 'splains it all!!!

Oh man did I have a great time today! They just cut half a mile out into the woods in our neighborhood to connect to an existing branch of the hood. Nice and muddy!

and so was my H2. You know you are having fun when the mud splashes over the sunroof!!!

I will hate to see paving trucks driving by in a few months.

~amy
White 2003 H2
Got Soap?

Steve R 09-23-2003 05:06 AM

Jason...

900 "views" in less then 24 hours...this is bigger then that time Alec posted naked pics of Britney Spears!

traveltoad 09-23-2003 11:51 AM

Hey Steve,
It was great to see an H2 out on the trail and to see what it can really do in the hands of a capable driver. It's always a lot more to do a multi-make run. Every vehicle has strengths and weaknesses and I enjoy seeing what they all are. I won't be able to make this weekends run with you but hopefully I'll see you out there.

PS: I you every need an invite to another SoCal LR run let me know!

Toad ('03 Disco)

tanklizard 09-23-2003 02:04 PM

Maybe the Discovery Channel will turn this into a TV special. I can see it now, "Driving with Discos." It would rate right up there with "Waliking with Dinosaurs."

scrover 09-23-2003 03:24 PM

"Steve tell me that wasn't Ho and Scrover and I won't call B.S on your story"

Well Steve, was it?

Kevin B 09-23-2003 03:39 PM

Scrover,

Good to hear from you! Thanks for the "tug" at Truckhaven (even though you pulled yourself up the hill)

So this is what it took to get you on this board huh. The second and third pictures kinda looked like your rig and Ho's rig( it could be a twinkie) with the exception of all the clutter on the roof rack, but due to the outcome im thinking NOT

Look forward to another adventure when it cools down a bit. BTW do you think you could have made that hill
-Kevin-

scrover 09-23-2003 03:55 PM

"Thanks for the "tug" at Truckhaven (even though you pulled yourself up the hill)"

Yeah, what was I thinking? And what where you thinking, my rig is still black. Ho was not present BTW.

"BTW do you think you could have made that hill"

Of course - eventually

Steve

Kevin B 09-23-2003 04:04 PM

Yah, sorry about that color thing, its a dyslexia problem iI think

argonaut 09-23-2003 06:41 PM

Wow, I am really impressed! People that drive other trucks on here amicably and not being trolls. Thank you disco people. You have class.

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5

Steve R 09-23-2003 07:08 PM

Some of them have class and are great people....BUT you should see what they're saying over on the DiscoWeb....

One pathetic individual is making up all sorts of excuses. He claims there were a bunch of newbies and dangerous conditions that prohibited them from running the hill. He asserts that I'm a "dumb-****" for challenging a bunch of beginners to follow me. I've already had several apologies from LR-members for his behavior.

Let's get something straight: they had lots of formiddable and built vehicles with experienced drivers. After seeing a Defender 90 almost roll, a Disco miserably fail and not even come close and a Range Rover struggle and barely make it.....they were rightfully scared. Frankly, I acknowledge that they were smart: I wouldn't even try to run a Disco up that hill.

When I got to the top of that hill...several people greeted me and congratulated me. One guy came up and said "Oh my God....you just came right up that hill without a single hesitation...it just went right up!!!". I did it twice and half-way up backwards.

Some people just can't handle the truth!!!

DougW 09-23-2003 07:23 PM

Steve,

You are killing me here. Any locked truck (and I mean truck not car) can make it up that hill with proper talent behind the wheel. Comeon, I made it unlocked.

Enough is enough.

Doug
D110

Big Z 09-23-2003 07:44 PM

Here we go again! Just Keep Pokeing A snake, And they Will Strike.

argonaut 09-23-2003 07:48 PM

now this is getting ugly...

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5

DougW 09-23-2003 07:56 PM

Say goodbye.

Buckeye Hummer 09-23-2003 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh yeah Doug well here's what we think of all you rover owners. Just a bunch of well to do smart business people out to have a fun time in a good truck. Take this picture.

Buckeye Hummer 09-23-2003 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And you probably live in a house like this: that oughta teach ya to come here and talk smack.