Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   UPDATE! TWO day Mojave Road Run! CA/NV/AZ - ALL are invited! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14006)

HummBebe 01-24-2006 07:12 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shhrtbs:
quahogs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kind of like peeing in your own back yard

HummBebe 01-24-2006 07:13 PM

I wish you could be my tailgunner on this one....but I know, you are previously committed

rodster 01-24-2006 07:15 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shhrtbs:

Kind of like peeing in your own back yard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now I'm really lost.

TootsSUT 01-24-2006 07:15 PM

What in the world??? Still not getting it!

HummBebe 01-24-2006 07:17 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:

Kind of like peeing in your own back yard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now I'm really lost. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Private joke......

TootsSUT 01-24-2006 07:18 PM

HEY EVERYONE!!!..........QUAHOGS!!!! That's all I have to say.

shhrtbs 01-24-2006 08:04 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:

What's in chowder? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you nailed it, you win.

shhrtbs 01-24-2006 08:04 PM

I wish you could be my tailgunner on this one....but I know, you are previously committed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry, playin' in the snow that weekend.

HummBebe 01-24-2006 08:22 PM

I wish you could be my tailgunner on this one....but I know, you are previously committed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry, playin' in the snow that weekend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kickin' with the quahogs

Bondage 01-24-2006 09:53 PM

Merkins?

HummBebe 01-24-2006 10:10 PM

whatever...

rodster 01-24-2006 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

HummBebe 01-24-2006 10:37 PM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMAO Rodster....I'm sorry I made you crazy

rodster 01-24-2006 10:45 PM

ROTFLMAO Rodster....I'm sorry I made you crazy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries, I'm used to it. I've been married forever and have two daughters.

Bondage 01-24-2006 11:39 PM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMAO Rodster....I'm sorry I made you crazy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell, I'm TRYING to make him crazy. Misery loves company.

On a serious note, I won't buy a dictionary unless it has the word "merkin" in it. So many DON'T!!!

Sean

TuxifieD 01-24-2006 11:40 PM

bondage hit me up in pm, im really excited about this trip, need to ensure I get all the info and the go from you

Rodster, thanks for the help

shhrtbs 01-24-2006 11:41 PM

no need to share a pic of yours under your kilt. or are you just baggin' on yanks?

rodster 01-24-2006 11:48 PM

no need to share a pic of yours under your kilt. or are you just baggin' on yanks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You go shhrtbus. I got your back.

HummBebe 01-24-2006 11:56 PM

Merkins are nothing like gherkins, but they may hide them

Bondage 01-25-2006 12:16 AM

NO!
Merkin is a magician!
Oh.
That's Merlin.
Never mind.

Sean

rodster 01-25-2006 12:20 AM

Look who just posted #500.

Bondage 01-25-2006 12:48 AM

I didn't notice that! Whoopee!

Sean

HummBebe 01-25-2006 02:46 AM

WooooHoooo!

HummBebe 01-25-2006 02:47 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TuxifieD:
bondage hit me up in pm, im really excited about this trip, need to ensure I get all the info and the go from you

Rodster, thanks for the help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can scoop you up on I-5! Somewhere in Fresno - ish???

rodster 01-25-2006 03:20 AM

At the risk of getting this thread back on topic ...

Sean, do you think we'll have reason to air down? Any super soft and deep sand?

Santa brought me a new inflation gizmo but not sure if I should bring it.

TuxifieD 01-25-2006 05:11 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TuxifieD:

Rodster, thanks for the help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can scoop you up on I-5! Somewhere in Fresno - ish??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats cool with me, anywhere in the central valley is good, I guess that means you guys can count me in on the trip?

HummBebe 01-25-2006 02:58 PM

Quahogs wearing Merkins

JnStitz 01-25-2006 03:19 PM

At the risk of getting this thread back on topic ...

Sean, do you think we'll have reason to air down? Any super soft and deep sand?

Santa brought me a new inflation gizmo but not sure if I should bring it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bring it, with this many truck and the location of this run, you can never go wrong with having something and never using it.

rodster 01-25-2006 04:39 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jnstitz:

Bring it, with this many truck and the location of this run, you can never go wrong with having something and never using it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent point and I like the way you think. Over-prepared is a good thing but I do have a tendency to go overboard. After loading spare parts, recovery gear, fluids and tools, I don't have much room left for personal items.

Bondage 01-25-2006 06:19 PM

I HIGHLY recommend airing down for this run. There are some rocks to crawl over and LOTS of sand - the deep blowing powdery stuff. I actually ran the whole road the first time without airing down. It was so much easier the second time at about 25psi.

Sean

Bondage 01-25-2006 06:39 PM

I have bad news on the TuxifieD front. NPS says that, since I hold the permit for this run, any participant under the age of 18 would need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian - or have a signed waiver from a parent or legal guardian, in which case they would be MY responsibility. Tux seems like a great guy - but I can't take on that responsibilty.

Oh well, hopefully we will get to know him on another run somewhere sometime soon. He has a lot of respect from me for all he has accomplished at the ripe old age of 16 and I WOULD like to meet him and wheel with him. It just ain't practical at this time, on this run.

Sean

rodster 01-25-2006 06:48 PM

TuxifieD -- hope to catch you on another run where Uncle Sam doesn't have his long arm around us.

Sean -- 25 psi it is. My Staun deflators are already calibrated. Now I just gotta get the C02 tank filled.

Everybody -- A heavy box just arrived from Trail Duty. Trail Duty was kind enough to donate some recovery gear to be given away as door prizes. Stand by ... I'll post pics in a little bit!

Bondage 01-25-2006 07:02 PM

TuxifieD -- hope to catch you on another run where Uncle Sam doesn't have his long arm around us.

Sean -- 25 psi it is. My Staun deflators are already calibrated. Now I just gotta get the C02 tank filled.

Everybody -- A heavy box just arrived from Trail Duty. Trail Duty was kind enough to donate some recovery gear to be given away as door prizes. Stand by ... I'll post pics in a little bit! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO WAY!!!??? PhilD is DA MAN! By the way - we'll do the drawing at the campsite Saturday night, k? Then all you pansified, spoiled, Bun Boy Motel staying, desert night avoiding, snake fearing, scared of the dark, breakfast addicted, good night's rest requiring, needy, poofy bed lovers will not be present. You need to be present to win, right?

Sean

Racer-X 01-25-2006 07:26 PM

PhilD and Trail Duty are one and the same??? I didn't know that.

Very cool Phil, thank you!

I bought my Gobi from him cause it was $500 cheaper than any other place. Nice to know he's a good guy on top of it.

Racer-X 01-25-2006 07:29 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> By the way - we'll do the drawing at the campsite Saturday night, k? Then all you pansified, spoiled, Bun Boy Motel staying, desert night avoiding, snake fearing, scared of the dark, breakfast addicted, good night's rest requiring, needy, poofy bed lovers will not be present. You need to be present to win, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO!!! Works for me!

HummBebe 01-25-2006 07:43 PM

Everybody -- A heavy box just arrived from Trail Duty. Trail Duty was kind enough to donate some recovery gear to be given away as door prizes. Stand by ... I'll post pics in a little bit! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PhilD!!!! Thank you. And I think the key word is "Door Prize" here guys....not "coldhardsleepingonthegroundwithrockssticksbugsand dirt" prize.

HummBebe 01-25-2006 07:45 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">poofy bed lovers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I resemble that remark.

rodster 01-25-2006 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You guys are hooligans!

Not that this is particularly relevant to you Californiates but, I'm the newly-appointed/volunteered Hummer X Club coordinator in Nevada. Trail Duty is the official sponsor for the HXC. Because the NV HXC chapter is involved in this event AND mostly because all you left-coasters are really cool people, Phil volunteered the door prizes. Here's what we have ...

Two recovery kits. Each includes a Trail Duty gear bag, two 3/4" shackles, a pair of leather-faced gloves, a folding shovel and a 3"x30' recovery strap. MSRP each kit: $169.

We also have 4 sets of 3/4" shackles to give away and two Trail Duty T-shirts.

Since random prizes are only good for a few, the Nevada chapter of the Hummer X Club is also gathering a few other prize goodies to ensure everybody goes home with a souvenir or two.

As the event gets closer we'll figure out the conditions and time/place for prize awards. I'm pretty sure it won't be near a late night campfire!

Thanks, Phil!

HummBebe 01-25-2006 08:27 PM

You guys are hooligans!

Not that this is particularly relevant to you Californiates but, I'm the newly-appointed/volunteered Hummer X Club coordinator in Nevada. Trail Duty is the official sponsor for the HXC. Because the NV HXC chapter is involved in this event AND mostly because all you left-coasters are really cool people, Phil volunteered the door prizes. Here's what we have ...

Two recovery kits. Each includes a Trail Duty gear bag, two 3/4" shackles, a pair of leather-faced gloves, a folding shovel and a 3"x30' recovery strap. MSRP each kit: $169.

We also have 4 sets of 3/4" shackles to give away and two Trail Duty T-shirts.

Since random prizes are only good for a few, the Nevada chapter of the Hummer X Club is also gathering a few other prize goodies to ensure everybody goes home with a souvenir or two.

As the event gets closer we'll figure out the conditions and time/place for prize awards. I'm pretty sure it won't be near a late night campfire!

Thanks, Phil! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOOOOH that recovery kit sure would look nice in the BeBe Rhino!!!

rodster 01-25-2006 08:39 PM

OOOOOH that recovery kit sure would look nice in the BeBe Rhino!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it would! (And BTW, I really like your truck!)

I once tugged a stuck truck out of deep sand using this exact gear. It's serious stuff -- the strap has a 30,000 pound breaking strength.