Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local Events and Activities (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MOAB 2K7 - FINAL COUNTDOWN (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25759)

timgco 04-04-2007 03:13 AM

Re: MOAB 2K7 - FINAL COUNTDOWN

I am out for sure on this trip! :rant:

Since the washing machine flooded the house, the only thing I'm doing for the next two weeks is more demo/ remodel for me.

Sorry guys/ gals.

CslRkH2 04-04-2007 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timgco

Since the washing machine flooded the house, the only thing I'm doing for the next two weeks is more demo/ remodel for me.

Sorry guys/ gals.

Don't you have insurance?

My neighbor's fridge filter froze a couple weeks ago and flooded their main floor and their insurance is fixing everything for them.

CslRkH2 04-04-2007 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummBebe
There is a group of us heading to White rim on Saturday morning!!!

We will get back into town on Sunday afternoon.

H2Rocks
Bebe
Secret Guest
Sewer?
AlecW

Anyone else? One night of camping.

I need to get a permit, so sign up !!!

That sounds awesome. I can't get out of town until Sunday though

timgco 04-04-2007 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CslRkH2

My neighbor's fridge filter froze a couple weeks ago and flooded their main floor and their insurance is fixing everything for them.

Yep. The upgrades and time frame is what's holding us up. I wouldn't get to Moab until Thursday. It;s not worth it to me to only have two days there.

Demo 04-04-2007 04:38 AM

Sorry to hear that Tim. I was looking forward to meeting you and Kira. Perhaps we can make a trip up to see you some time and run the Great Divide. Good luck with your uh reconstruction.

Demo 04-04-2007 04:46 AM

Talked with Bebe today!!! Very cool chic by the way.

I am going to leave 1am Saturday morning and drive straight to Neo's casa to drop off some gear. Then I will be driving the White Rim Trail to catch up to Bebe and crew. If there is anyone else that would like to roll with me please let me know. We will arrive in in Moab around 4-5pm by my calculations and we will hit the trail as soon as possible. We should have plenty of water for anyone that comes.
Should be interesting, I am glad I have DVD player in the headrests for the kids.

I don't think I would sleep that night anyway.:jump:

CslRkH2 04-04-2007 04:56 AM

Quote:

Yep. The upgrades and time frame is what's holding us up. I wouldn't get to Moab until Thursday. It;s not worth it to me to only have two days there.

Upgrades...sounds like there's a bright side to the story! :beerchug:

RuggedH2 04-04-2007 05:19 AM

Quote:

That sucks. I understand about having to get your house fixed though. Good Luck.

westhillsat 04-04-2007 05:39 AM

Quote:

Sorry guys/ gals.

Sorry to hear about the flooding :mad: , seemed like that was what the general topic thread sounded like.

We'll miss seeing you and Kira, hope it all works out in the end.

CO Hummer 04-04-2007 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CslRkH2

Corey,
You're a good wheeler and all. BUT.....you REALLY need to work on your pike recognition skills.

I am tuning the MTB tomorrow. I got my new CB installed yesterday. I spent two days reading about grounding, multimeters, SWRs. etc. I am now more of an expert than Tower. :D New Antenna kicks butt too (Wilson FGT 4). I will no longer be the whisper dude on the CB. :excited: I also put a new one in my Burb too. Oh wait, I forgot, that cost me some money so I can't go to Moab. :rolleyes: (hint: There is a pike recognition drill in this paragraph).

HummBebe 04-04-2007 06:11 AM

Quote:

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
:grouphug:

ROX 04-04-2007 06:38 AM

Quote:

Sorry guys/ gals.

:( DANG! Sorry to hear you can't make it.

Please send Kira.:jump:

NEOCON1 04-04-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Sorry guys/ gals.

$hit that sucks man :( :(

good luck on the repairs

SR1355 04-04-2007 04:12 PM

That sucks Tim, hope the damage wasn't too extensive. I take it you washing machine is on an upper floor.... we install drain pans under main floor and higher washing machines for that reason, far cheaper in the long run.

Looks like no White Rim for me this trip, I'll be arriving mid-afternoon Sat and will be pretty wiped out from drive from Michigan. Who's doing what on Sunday, or is that still to be determined??? First time out there some Cris B and I will be looking for recommendation and experienced drivers to show us the ropes, if you don't mind. Most of our wheelin' in Mich is on sand and mud, terrain can get steep and opff camber but still mostly dirt.

Kiraco 04-04-2007 04:37 PM

[quote=SR1355]That sucks Tim, hope the damage wasn't too extensive. I take it you washing machine is on an upper floor.... we install drain pans under main floor and higher washing machines for that reason, far cheaper in the long run.

No basements in our subdivision = mainfloor.:(

timgco 04-04-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2 Rocks
:( DANG! Sorry to hear you can't make it.

Please send Kira.:jump:

NO WAY! She's staying back and I'm going! Great idea Rox.

Thanks. :shhh:

Sewie 04-04-2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

That sucks!! :( I was looking forward to meeting both of you.

Sewie 04-04-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR1355
Looks like no White Rim for me this trip, I'll be arriving mid-afternoon Sat and will be pretty wiped out from drive from Michigan. Who's doing what on Sunday, or is that still to be determined??? First time out there some Cris B and I will be looking for recommendation and experienced drivers to show us the ropes, if you don't mind. Most of our wheelin' in Mich is on sand and mud, terrain can get steep and opff camber but still mostly dirt.

Cris mentioned Klondike Bluffs for Sunday. That would be an easy trail. It has a mix of sand/dirt/slickrock. And you can take it into Arches NP and do some sightseeing.

Or run Fins & Things. It's a great warm up trail, not too difficult, and shouldn't require any spotting. And Baby Lion's Back and Potato Salad Hill are nearby to play around on. :D

NEOCON1 04-04-2007 07:48 PM

so looks like monday will be the first day everyone can wheel together . my vote is for 7 mile , fun run with cool stuff and bypasses on the drops etc. we gotta all run hells one day , who's up for the gate and esculater , those can add a couple hours to hells run .

im up for Klondike on sunday or fins , a group will be out on white rim sat & sun

NEOCON1 04-04-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR1355
. Most of our wheelin' in Mich is on sand and mud, terrain can get steep and opff camber but still mostly dirt.

we will get you steep and off-camber but you will have traction like never before :jump: :jump: :beerchug: