Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Does your H2 fit in your garage? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37784)

Vark 06-26-2009 04:10 PM

Does your H2 fit in your garage?

I'm in Florida, Boca Raton. Does anybody have a problem fitting it in a garage heightwise? Or everybody keeps it in a driveway?:violin:
I know it is a bit taller, than my Sequoia, which barely fits, and the same length.
Oh, I am getting one real soon, so thought I'd check. In no way it will change my decision to get one, just cuorios...

TXSUT 06-26-2009 06:01 PM

Re: Does your H2 fit in your garage?

Here's a tip for you: Not all garages are of the same dimensions. Get out the ol' tape measure for the right answer to your question.

KenP 06-26-2009 06:01 PM

Our first one fit in a standard one car garage with the mirrors folded in and a Gobi Stealth rack on top.

Before buying I had the salesman bring it to my house to test fit.

Vark 06-26-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXSUT
Here's a tip for you: Not all garages are of the same dimensions. Get out the ol' tape measure for the right answer to your question.

I did that...it looks tight:crying:

kchummer 06-26-2009 10:15 PM

my garage door opening is right at 7 ft. (84 inches)....my H2 with taller tires measures approx. 82.5 inches w/ the rack on the top....I think stock they measure approx. 81.5 inches...hope this helps....I would still measure to make sure...

OrangeCrush 06-26-2009 10:40 PM

It's funny, when I sold my last house, the very first thing I would do was measure the garage to see if I could get my lifted H2 in the potentially new garage.

We looked at dozens of houses and I measured each and every one.

When we bought our new house, I was so excited I forgot to measure and now my dumbazz has to park outside...lol.

I'd take a measurement and make sure otherwise you'll be parking outside.

Mark

ATRH2 06-27-2009 01:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Plenty O Room...

Attachment 51223

Z06RB 06-27-2009 02:24 AM

Yes, with about a foot to spare.

H2 007 06-27-2009 12:44 PM

It should fit. I have a 'standard' garage and I have about a 1" clearance and it fits fine. It's even gotten in there with snow packed on the tires in the winter when I thought it might have been even closer.

The fit might be tight, but regardless if you only have 1/8" of space, it's still going to fit. Just take your time going in and out.

HummerMann 06-27-2009 01:39 PM

When I lifted my '03 and put the tires on it would only fit with the roof racks taken off, but the radio antenna hit (no big deal). My '06 fits, but I had to compromise on the lights on my light bar or it wouldn't have. Most garage door openers have a setting where you can make it pull the garage door up a little more to help with the fit.

frenzy1 06-28-2009 08:27 AM

hummers don't fit in belgian garages...

Frenzy
Belgium

porschett 06-28-2009 02:58 PM

When looking for a condo, I aksed the sales agent about parking my H2 in the garage. She got online and found out that the truck was 1/8" (3.1mm for you Frenzy) lol over the limit allowed. They lost the sale over the width!!

Tex_h2 06-28-2009 03:55 PM

With the roof bars its too close...without...a bit better in a standard garage.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/a...d=12225186 13

SEE PREVIOUS POST

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ghlight=garage

mbdougl 06-28-2009 10:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had taller wider doors installed when I had my house built in 1998, I was tired of small garages and squeezing in big SUV's.

mikejr 06-29-2009 02:08 AM

Sure does with about 2 inches to spare height wise. Please of room width wise. Garage was designed around the Hummer fitting into it.

wingn69 06-30-2009 08:01 AM

I hate you guys with garages, not really :) mine has to sit in the driveway year round. Hummers were not made for anything in Germany. :beerchug:

MVR 155 06-30-2009 12:53 PM

Most garages have a 7 foot door height (most not all) so as mentioned above I would measure if your unsure. Our rig just clears ours, I did have to adjust my door opener to pull the door up as far as possible but it fits.

NJ H2 07-01-2009 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbdougl
I had taller wider doors installed when I had my house built in 1998, I was tired of small garages and squeezing in big SUV's.

I did the same, it makes a big difference

mbdougl 07-03-2009 03:10 AM

I know someone who got the emergency release handled hooked in the luggage rack of their SUV and as they backed out of the garage the handle released the door and they backed into it bending it up pretty good.

Vark 07-03-2009 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbdougl
I know someone who got the emergency release handled hooked in the luggage rack of their SUV and as they backed out of the garage the handle released the door and they backed into it bending it up pretty good.

Damn, good to know.