Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New From Rubberduck4x4!!! H2 Brushguard (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39006)

HumminNBoatin' 02-14-2010 03:35 AM

New From Rubberduck4x4!!! H2 Brushguard

Finally! It's done and ready for production. This brush guard is FRAME MOUNTED and pins to the hood for added stability. For ordering info contact Travis@rubberduck4x4.com

transam95 02-14-2010 07:16 AM

Re: New From Rubberduck4x4!!! H2 Brushguard

Great looking guard. Very nice.

frenzy1 02-14-2010 08:52 AM

piece of art !!!!

HummerJim 02-14-2010 03:42 PM

That is the nicest brush guard I've seen! I like it! How hard are the black hood plates by the handles to put in? Are they drill and bolt in or more than that? Any guess on how much it weighs?

HumminNBoatin' 02-14-2010 04:27 PM

The Brackets require no drilling into the hood. They are specifically designed to offer stability NOT structural support. During the build process we found that the H2 hood has a significant amount of steel inside of the fiberglass to allow for this type of support. You simply remove the hood handle drop the bracket into the louver and then reinstall your hood handle.

The structural support actually comes from the mount that is bolted directly the the frame and radiator core support. I do not have any pictures of the mount itself but rubberduck4x4 does. The mount sits behind the plastic valance and acts as another frame cross member. If I had to guess I would say the setup weighs close to 100lbs.

What makes this Brush Guard so unique is that it's the only guard on the Market that is frame mounted and can be used with any winch bumper or stock bumper.

splne1 02-15-2010 04:10 AM

AHHHH im so jealous you already got yours!!!! :soapbox: I can't wait to put mine on!!!!!

OrangeCrush 02-15-2010 04:48 AM

Obviously that wouldn't look good on my truck but DAMN, that is a Freakin' piece of art....

LOVE IT!!!

Mark

Crush'em 02-15-2010 07:49 AM

Okay, what are the tabs for on the rear most outside bars for (closest to the hood?)

OrangeCrush 02-15-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush'em
Okay, what are the tabs for on the rear most outside bars for (closest to the hood?)

Tie downs coming from the roof??

Sideways driving lights?

A place to handcuff your girlfriend (cause we know no man's wife would allow that to happen...lol)

Spot to attach stuck jeep so you can pull out two at a time?

Mark

:D

HumminNBoatin' 02-15-2010 03:18 PM

The tabs on the corners are totally an option. I had them placed there for my limb risers (Wires that run to the roof).

HummerMann 02-15-2010 03:37 PM

"Limb risers," I love that idea. I've been offroading years and never heard or saw those before, but I've gotten plenty of branches in the windshield. Use some good wire and voila! GREAT IDEA for going through the woods!

OrangeCrush 02-15-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummerMann
"Limb risers," I love that idea. I've been offroading years and never heard or saw those before, but I've gotten plenty of branches in the windshield. Use some good wire and voila! GREAT IDEA for going through the woods!

Though I was messin' around with stupid answers, I actually forgot to write the real answer.

A lot of guys with Jeep Cherokees do that, it definitely keeps the crap off the front windshield and roof.

If you do a search, there's a few H2's that have that same "caged" look around them on the ENTIRE vehicle.

Overkill IMO but then again, I don't do that much off-roadin'.

Mark

ROUSHDEMON 02-16-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Though I was messin' around with stupid answers, I actually forgot to write the real answer.

HAHAHAHA! That was hilarious...

Guard is Awesome dude!!! congrats.

OrangeCrush 02-16-2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROUSHDEMON
HAHAHAHA! That was hilarious...

Guard is Awesome dude!!! congrats.

That's why my wife gets pissed at me. I start messin' around and forget what I started doing.

She says I have AD....

OH LOOK, a rabbit.

ADD...

Mark

splne1 02-17-2010 05:18 AM

Eric I thought you might enjoy what I found on you tube with Travis!!! LOL:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ49gmq6S3w

NJ H2 02-17-2010 06:58 AM

I fabed up a set of Limb Risers a few years back. They work great!

HumminNBoatin' 02-17-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splne1
Eric I thought you might enjoy what I found on you tube with Travis!!! LOL:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ49gmq6S3w

I think it was Andres (Rouschedemon) pulled this video on his cell phone at Windrock when we where standing around the camp fire. It was even more funny to watch Travis start blushing and say (come on man put that thing away man) lol. Too funny good times...

ROUSHDEMON 02-17-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin'
I think it was Andres (Rouschedemon) pulled this video on his cell phone at Windrock when we where standing around the camp fire. It was even more funny to watch Travis start blushing and say (come on man put that thing away man) lol. Too funny good times...

That was actually pretty funny, he didn't come back for like 10 minutes LOL

frenzy1 02-17-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin'

great vid !!:jump: :perfect10s:

splne1 03-01-2010 04:16 AM

GOT MINE ON!!!!:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: