Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   H2 Bumpers faded...Here is your answer (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37471)

HumminNBoatin' 05-11-2009 02:51 AM

H2 Bumpers faded...Here is your answer

I have searched and searched for the best product to bring black back to my bumper. And the FNG Codered pointed me in the right direction. I thought I would show it off a bit. Take your Mothers Back to Black and thow it in the trash. This stuff is a die and is permanent.

AFTER

codered 05-11-2009 05:08 AM

Re: H2 Bumpers faded...Here is your answer

Lookin good man. Did you get the whole truck done with just one bottle?

Ditchdigger 05-11-2009 07:51 AM

Very cool, where did you get the spray shine from?

mbdougl 05-11-2009 02:06 PM

http://www.griotsgarage.com/p2p/searchResults.do?method=view&search=basic&keyword= bumper&sortby=newArrivals&page=1

Thanks for the tip , my bumpers look bad and nothing seems to last. I'll give it a try.

HumminNBoatin' 05-11-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codered
Lookin good man. Did you get the whole truck done with just one bottle?

Yup one bottle did it all. I still have plenty left over. I am thinking of doing the tires too. Not sure If I have enough to do them but I will probubly start that process next week after I get back from Kinzalow's.

frenzy1 05-11-2009 04:34 PM

great job ! thanks for the tip !

codered 05-11-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin'
Yup one bottle did it all. I still have plenty left over. I am thinking of doing the tires too. Not sure If I have enough to do them but I will probubly start that process next week after I get back from Kinzalow's.

That will be an all day process to do the those big ole tires of yours. On a side note, my tailight gaurds came in. They helped the look of the H2 a ton!

splne1 05-11-2009 10:29 PM

Just ordered me one!!!!:clapping:

Marauder 05-12-2009 01:50 AM

I have been using Griots Garage products for many years. All very good. I have some of this but havent used it on the Hummer.

I did just order their 'Rubber Prep' to strip any old leftover goo from the bumpers before I use this.

I currently use their Vinyl and Rubber Dressing on the bumpers. It has a UV protectant to help prevent the fading.

Intercooled 05-18-2009 12:27 AM

Let us know how the durability is. I have tried many products too. Most seem to wear off pretty quick or streak in the rain. I have heard good things about "back to black" and am going to give that a try. I just got it and applied it to my door handle buckets and black plastic on the mirrors. I want to give that a test before I do the bumpers. So far it looks great. It has removed the chalky white residue. ( or has it just masked it ?) I want to give it a few rains and washes to check how it works out.

finbox 05-18-2009 02:24 AM

looks great, but they all do JUST AFTER you applie it.

but wait 3 months to see if it will stay

transam95 05-18-2009 12:00 PM

how is it holding up??? after a week. Back to black comes off after you wash it a few times I have noticed

porschett 05-18-2009 02:34 PM

I've tried this before, but I'll stick with "Black Again" I have my H2 washed 3 to 4 times a week. Black Again is the ONLY product I've even found to stand up to the commercial car washes.

I use it on the tires on the Porsches, but it would take too much to do the Hummer. I just let the car wash use their stuff !

ROUSHDEMON 05-18-2009 07:18 PM

Bought mine over the weekend, i'll let you know how it works out for me:D
Thanks for the tip!

splne1 05-18-2009 09:10 PM

THIS STUFF IS GREAT!!!!!:clapping: THANKS FOR THE LINK TO ORDER!!!

Intercooled 05-19-2009 03:50 AM

Lets keep this thread going with some periodic updates, hopefully with the feed back we can narrow down what product works the best. Seems there are a few different products being talked about. I'll report back on "Black Again" after some rain and a few washes. My H2 stays outside 24/7, so that in itself is a good test.

HummerMann 05-19-2009 01:31 PM

That looks great! Just ordered some today. Thanks for the information!!:perfect10s:

orlasttoy 07-02-2009 04:28 AM

how's it held up after a few months? b4 & after pix? :)

ROUSHDEMON 07-02-2009 03:48 PM

I bought it two months ago and it still looks as black as my buddy Jerrol....:D
It works great!

orlasttoy 07-02-2009 04:46 PM

YAY ordered. Thanks.