Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Escalade vs H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20964)

turbo50mike 10-02-2006 01:53 AM

Escalade vs H2

My friend has and Escalade EXT, and has challenged me to a race. Should be a pretty good matchup. I am pretty sure I am heavier, but if I have a taller gear ratio, I might be able to take him.

Besides that, they are pretty much the same truck, no?

He's had the front differential replaced twice already under warranty. (He doesn't off road or anything like that) - is the H2 front diff any different? Anyone else have problems with the front diff?

MJB

tomp 10-02-2006 01:54 AM

Re: Escalade vs H2

He will win:twak:

turbo50mike 10-02-2006 01:56 AM

Crap. Maybe I'll ask for a car and the break.

SUT NEIL 10-02-2006 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomp
He will win:twak:

Given I traded my 2004 Cadillac EXT for a 2005 Hummer H2 SUT last June I know both trucks. In fact, I've owned two EXT's. Assuming both vehicles are completely stock, unfortunately I agree with Tomp - you don't stand a chance. :twak: Hope you didn't bet any money or pinks on it! :crying:

On another note, I wouldn't trade my H2 for anything else.
"HUMMER - IT'S LIKE NO OTHER" Best truck I've ever owned!

BlueHUMMERH2 10-02-2006 02:29 AM

Yes the EXT would smoke you. Perhaps an off-road challenge is in order... :D

turbo50mike 10-02-2006 02:35 AM

No, no money on it. We're good friends, it's just for fun.

Bah, so he'll beat me with the EXT, but my Viper will still destroy his CTS-v.

ASTAR 10-02-2006 06:49 AM

Yup, my GF has an 06 Escalade and that thing is FAST! Hers would smoke me when mine was stock and I lifted mine and added 38's and then it was just sad. Even with the Hypertech programmer, exhaust and the intake. Then I told when I gear it I'll be back in the race. I geared it, she still smokes me :(
I told her she better not race me again as it will force me to go buy that supercharger.

KenP 10-02-2006 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo50mike
My friend has and Escalade EXT, and has challenged me to a race. Should be a pretty good matchup. I am pretty sure I am heavier, but if I have a taller gear ratio, I might be able to take him.

Besides that, they are pretty much the same truck, no?

He's had the front differential replaced twice already under warranty. (He doesn't off road or anything like that) - is the H2 front diff any different? Anyone else have problems with the front diff?

MJB

You must have been smoking crack when you made that bet.:twak:

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ 10-03-2006 01:08 AM

Not that it needed to be said again but, yes You will loose. EXT. comes factory with about 40 to 50 more HP/TQ and it's tranny seems to have better programmed shift points to take advantage of th extra HP/TQ better. BUt, if You could talk Him into running out and buying about $5000 worth of huge rims and tires then you will take Him or at least even up the odds.

BUt, the EXT and H2 are not the same rig. Really only share the same engine but, Hummer chokes it back to cut down on driveline warranty problems.

Now that is if things have not changed allot for 2006 models. I have been busy with 05 H2 and not paid attention to new models. I do hear allot of the H2 owners liking the new outside mirrors. I remember at first when the first pics came out You could hardly find anyone that liked them.

Would some one update me as to what is the preference now on the mirrors? new style or old style mirrors are favorites amoung forum.

TAZ

ASTAR 10-03-2006 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
BUt, if You could talk Him into running out and buying about $5000 worth of huge rims and tires then you will take Him or at least even up the odds.

Actually, I don't know what size you mean by "huge rims" but my GF's Escalade has 24's on it and it still LAUGHS at my H2 :((

devilsfan 10-03-2006 02:55 PM

I say it depends on the driver - who's more agressive. Hubby has an 04 Slade. I've beaten him off the line several times in our little competitions. But he's also afraid of scratching his rims.

Challenge him on a dirt road. You might win.

Stacy

ASTAR 10-05-2006 08:56 AM

If we are at a stop and we both floor it, she walks away, no problem. :(

31_bandits 10-05-2006 11:08 AM

Yikes. You have less than no chance of outrunning an esalade. Those things are fast.

Hummers are so slow, that today when i swapped my truck for a 'vette (just for the day), i literally scared the crap out of myself merging onto the interstate. I almost had to change.

The fastest i've ever had my H2 going is just under 80, which was in an alfalfa field a few days ago. ;)

KenP 10-05-2006 01:08 PM

I can't believe I didn't post this link of a VERY slow H2 doing 0-60.

Slow H2:beerchug:

ASTAR 10-05-2006 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenP
I can't believe I didn't post this link of a VERY slow H2 doing 0-60.

Slow H2:beerchug:

OK WHAT THE HELL IS DONE TO THAT H2?!?!?
I NEED TO KNOW!!!!

Hmmm2 10-05-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31_bandits
i literally scared the crap out of myself merging onto the interstate. I almost had to change.

:eek: (:giggling: )