Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   H2 Classifieds (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   JL Audio Stealthbox Subwoofer Enclosure fits 2003-up Hummer H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43499)

armbar3 04-29-2013 02:05 AM

JL Audio Stealthbox Subwoofer Enclosure fits 2003-up Hummer H2

2 Attachment(s)
SB-GM-HUMRH2/12W6v2/DG

You make a statement with your vehicle, now you can make a statement with the way it sounds.

This Stealthbox? houses a premium, JL Audio 12-inch subwoofer, capable of filling the H2 with superb bass. The Stealthbox? is designed to fit on top of
the driver's side cargo area trim panel where it won't interfere with cargo or the spare tire.

The Hard Data: Contains one 12W6v2-D4 subwoofer in a sealed enclosure. 600 watt power handling. Wired for 2 ohm mono. Installs in the driver side rear
cargo area on top of the side panel and behind the spare tire mount (if so equipped). A steel mesh grille is included. Minor modification of interior spare tire
holder (if so equipped) is necessary, driver's side storage pocket is lost.

This sub enclosure was used in my Hummer for about a month (along with the Rockford Fosgate Hummer H2 under the seat subwoofer which is listed in
another auction) until I had a larger custom enclosure installed. It has only one flaw which is an indention in the carpet (must have happened while in
storage). This is great for someone who wants some good bass without having a large box sitting in the way.

Price: 325.00 plus shipping. Retails for over 800.00

Please email me at dbailey002@att.net for pictures.

Thank you,
Tim

giant h2 05-01-2013 07:25 PM

Re: JL Audio Stealthbox Subwoofer Enclosure fits 2003-up Hummer H2

Quote:

Originally Posted by armbar3
SB-GM-HUMRH2/12W6v2/DG

You make a statement with your vehicle, now you can make a statement with the way it sounds.

This Stealthbox? houses a premium, JL Audio 12-inch subwoofer, capable of filling the H2 with superb bass. The Stealthbox? is designed to fit on top of
the driver's side cargo area trim panel where it won't interfere with cargo or the spare tire.

The Hard Data: Contains one 12W6v2-D4 subwoofer in a sealed enclosure. 600 watt power handling. Wired for 2 ohm mono. Installs in the driver side rear
cargo area on top of the side panel and behind the spare tire mount (if so equipped). A steel mesh grille is included. Minor modification of interior spare tire
holder (if so equipped) is necessary, driver's side storage pocket is lost.

This sub enclosure was used in my Hummer for about a month (along with the Rockford Fosgate Hummer H2 under the seat subwoofer which is listed in
another auction) until I had a larger custom enclosure installed. It has only one flaw which is an indention in the carpet (must have happened while in
storage). This is great for someone who wants some good bass without having a large box sitting in the way.

Price: 325.00 plus shipping. Retails for over 800.00

Please email me at dbailey002@att.net for pictures.

Thank you,
Tim

how do you connect it to the factory system?

armbar3 05-01-2013 08:48 PM

Simply connect the positive and negative speaker wires to the terminals on the speaker.

fyr145 05-01-2013 09:07 PM

Oh....wait. I think there would be an issue with just connecting the OEM speaker wires directly to the Stealthbox;

True in that you would get some "sound" out of the speaker from directly wiring from the OEM speaker wiring to the Stealthbox and get OEM sound....... however if you wanted to get the true/hard "booming bass" sound that the Stealthbox is designed for, the output signal wiring needs to come from an amp then to the Stealthbox speaker so it will get the wattage needed to "drive" the Stealthbox with its magnified/increased power. The OEM wiring simply would not be able to "push" enough power to make the Stealthbox work to its true capacity. (it would be underpowered using this configuration)

Just wanted to make sure everyone was clear on this. :redx:

I like the Stealthbox for the H2 as well, just be sure that you have an amp for it to get the great sound you are looking for.

armbar3 05-01-2013 09:28 PM

True, to get the most out of this speaker you would need an amplifier to push it. If you don't want to mess with an amp the Rockford Fosgate under the seat subwoofer that i have for sale would be a good option because it has a MOSFET amp built in.

smileynialley 05-02-2013 11:03 AM

Would you post to London England?

armbar3 05-02-2013 01:31 PM

Sure, please send me your address.

fyr145 05-04-2013 05:31 PM

still for sale?

jsbihn 05-04-2013 06:01 PM

Is this the stealth box that sits in the rear storage slot just under the rear side window?

I assume it comes with the speaker and it isnt blown?

armbar3 05-04-2013 07:28 PM

Still available.

Yes it mounts in the storage bin under the side window. It was used very little and is in perfect condition besides a small flaw in the carpet on one side which must have happened while in storage - not very noticeable.

smileynialley 05-05-2013 03:14 PM

any idea on postage to the UK?