Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bad news for Nitto Mud Grappler fans... (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27175)

CONRAD II 05-23-2007 12:12 AM

Bad news for Nitto Mud Grappler fans...

I sent them the following e-mail after looking at their web site this morning and I included their response...:(

NITTO WEBSITE CONTACT FORM SUBMISSION

Submitted on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Name: BOBBY AUTIN II
Email: BCAUTIN@LOUISIANAINTERNATIONAL.COM
Car: 2005 H2 SUT
Comments/Questions: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 37 IN MUD GRAPPLERS THAT WERE R22? I OWN THEM AND WANT ANOTHER SET BUT NOTICED THEY WERE NOT ON YOUR SITE ANYMORE. ARE THEY DISCONTINUED?

response...

Thank you for contacting Nitto Tire.
Unfortunately, we have discontinued the Mud Grapplers for 22" wheels. Currently the largest Mud Grappler we produce is a 37x13.50R20LT. We are sorry for any inconvenience. :lame:

Agriv8r 05-23-2007 12:18 AM

Re: Bad news for Nitto Mud Grappler fans...

that may piss off a few people...

CONRAD II 05-23-2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agriv8r
that may piss off a few people...

I have the 37's right now on 22 in Capella wheels and I have to say I've liked the grapplers. I really wasn't planning on buying another set when I'm through with these, but I hate to see them discontinued. :twak:

blockrockin 05-23-2007 04:07 PM

i love mine ... 37 x 13.50 x 20 i like the ghey snake skin

DRTYFN 05-23-2007 04:24 PM

Probably because about 7 people bought them.:giggling: :OWNED:

MarineHawk 05-23-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Probably because about 7 people bought them.:giggling: :OWNED:

And they were all gang-bangas in E. St. Louis.

CONRAD II 05-23-2007 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarineHawk
And they were all gang-bangas in E. St. Louis.

Who are gang-bangas drive by shooting at with mud tires??? I thought "gang-bangas"only drove Escalades??? I guess I'm out of touch...:D

MarineHawk 05-23-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CONRAD II
Who are gang-bangas drive by shooting at with mud tires??? I thought "gang-bangas"only drove Escalades??? I guess I'm out of touch...:D

They use the H2s with mud tires to dump the bodies from slain opponent gang members in the Mississippi River.

Mr. I - Man 05-23-2007 07:03 PM

Quote:

They use the H2s with mud tires to dump the bodies from slain opponent gang members in the Mississippi River.

How can you do a drive-by with those Mud Grapplers howling, you can hear em coming a quarter mile away. Kinda blows the element of surprise don't you think?

MarineHawk 05-23-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. I - Man
How can you do a drive-by with those Mud Grapplers howling, you can hear em coming a quarter mile away. Kinda blows the element of surprise don't you think?

I agree. I've always said that the Crips don't exercise enough tactical discipline in their fire-team ops--extending even to their selection of tires.

Mr. I - Man 05-23-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

I agree. I've always said that the Crips don't exercise enough tactical discipline in their fire-team ops--extending even to their selection of tires.

All that shiney chrome definately falls out of the realm of tactical light discipline.

12" subwoofers not conducive to tactical noise dispcline either:giggling:

Motohead 05-23-2007 07:59 PM

So you're saying my chance of getting 28" Mud Grapplers might be out of the question then...?!

MarineHawk 05-23-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. I - Man
12" subwoofers not conducive to tactical noise dispcline either:giggling:

Poor man's sonic warfare.

CONRAD II 05-23-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motohead
So you're saying my chance of getting 28" Mud Grapplers might be out of the question then...?!

They're still out there, but I'll bet that once people realize that they've been discontinued they won't be around for long. My advice is, if you want the Mud Grapplers in over a 20in. wheel size ORDER THEM NOW!!! :popcorn:

Motohead 05-23-2007 10:22 PM

I said 28"....

CONRAD II 05-23-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motohead
I said 28"....

I've been meaning to learn to read! I think its a safe bet to assume 28" Grapplers are completely out of the question! Try not to be to upset...

HummBob 05-24-2007 12:13 AM

I Was WORRIED for a sec, thought this was about Pirelli Scorpions!!!!:D ;)

frenzy1 05-24-2007 02:26 PM

22" on a truck ?? NEVER !!

MarineHawk 05-24-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenzy1
22" on a truck ?? NEVER !!

I'm going to put 22 inch wheels on my H2, and then buy a Porsche 911 Carrera, lift it 10 inches, and put my 37 inch tires on 17 inch wheels on that one. That way, I'll have two expensive ackward vehicles that no longer have the unique capabilities they were designed to have.:D

tower 08-02-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

I'm going to put 22 inch wheels on my H2, and then buy a Porsche 911 Carrera, lift it 10 inches, and put my 37 inch tires on 17 inch wheels on that one. That way, I'll have two expensive ackward vehicles that no longer have the unique capabilities they were designed to have.:D

But you could just buy a Cayenne and accomplish all that with one purchase.:fdance::jump: