Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Fuel Mileage question (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44697)

peppers&eggs 03-18-2014 12:51 AM

Fuel Mileage question

I just recently picked up my 3rd H2. My previous 2 used to get between 11-13 mpg. This one is reading right around 8 mpg. It was bone stock except for a tuner called G Force. $69 tuner. Doesn't look to good. Just taps into the MAF sensor. I disconnected it thinking that might be it but really no change. I know previous H2's I've owned I added exhaust, CAI and tuner. Could those 3 really make that big of a difference or is there something else I can look at or replace or change out? This is an 03 with 93K. Could that G Force have done something to the CPU and maybe get it flashed? Any thoughts are appreciated.

LoJac963 03-18-2014 02:15 AM

Re: Fuel Mileage question

If it was connected to the MAF then all it probably did was trick the MAF into thinking the air coming in was colder than it really was to increase the fuel mixture and timing for more power. Disconnecting that as you did should eventually go back to normal once the comp adjusts itself.

jsbihn 03-18-2014 03:13 AM

Well I can say I also get 10-13mpg in bone stock form, so I would probably consider something else.

Are you driving where it is really cold or wet?

peppers&eggs 03-18-2014 12:20 PM

Driving in NE PA so the wet part is kinda over but it is still very cold. I am very easy on the pedal too. Just can't seem to understand why tis one is getting that bad of mileage. I guess I'm gonna start doing some minor efficiency mods and hope for the best. Maybe a tune up too. I guess that can't hurt.

jsbihn 03-19-2014 03:03 AM

I noticed for some reason that when the weather was REALLY cold out.... my gas mileage did drop
*doesnt make sense but thats what it said*

glennf1 03-24-2014 10:29 PM

Are you going by what the gauge says or are you calculating it manually?

jsbihn 03-25-2014 12:21 PM

I go by the gauge.
I dont have the time to monitor the gallons in tank vs miles driven...

Given I guess it would be interesting to know how accurate the computer is

Ken Bowers 03-25-2014 06:49 PM

I get 12.3 mpg in the orange 2003 H2.

zx1100 03-25-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsbihn
I noticed for some reason that when the weather was REALLY cold out.... my gas mileage did drop
*doesnt make sense but thats what it said*

I've been manually calculating mileage for the wife's H3 whenever I remember to for years. During the winter months I'm seeing a drop in miles per gallon from averaging 17mpg to 15mpg. It's about 50% highway and 50% city driving.

Have only been going by the gauge in the H2.