Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What rides better,air or spring (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21038)

apexer 10-04-2006 07:40 AM

What rides better,air or spring

Looking at a H2 with air ride,just wondering how well they ride compared to spring?

dochummer 10-04-2006 08:25 AM

Re: What rides better,air or spring

air

Big Z 10-04-2006 08:35 AM

Spring!....And a set of Rancho 9000's! :D

frenzy1 10-04-2006 12:27 PM

air runs good !

CO Hummer 10-04-2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Z
Spring!....And a set of Rancho 9000's! :D

I'd say AIR...and set of Ranch 9000s

Big Z 10-04-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apexer
Looking at a H2 with air ride,just wondering how well they ride compared to spring?

Take a ride in BOTH! ;) You decide!.......I Have Springs, Soooo, They're the Best! :dancingbanana: ..No compressor to fail--Or Listen To! ......line or Bag Leakage....Sensor Failures....:giggling: ...Just--More stuff to Break!.................Naaaaa!...I'll Stick with the K.I.S........System! :jump: It Rides Just Fine! :OWNED: :popcorn: :beerchug:

timgco 10-04-2006 09:03 PM

I've had both.. a couple of times.:) ..and with Rancho 9000's and steering stabilizer.

IMO, the air was a little better, but I had issues with the earlier models with air. I'd hope the newer 05/06/07 air bags are better. Maybe some of those woners will chime in with thier luck and off roading with that setup.

I currently have springs and 9000's with tire preassure set at 40psi and it rides/ handles great to me. If you are running higher tire preassure, neither will ride all that great.

The Rancho 9000's make a huge difference to me with either setup.

CO Hummer 10-04-2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Z
Take a ride in BOTH! ;) You decide!.......I Have Springs, Soooo, They're the Best! :dancingbanana: ..No compressor to fail--Or Listen To! ......line or Bag Leakage....Sensor Failures....:giggling: ...Just--More stuff to Break!.................Naaaaa!...I'll Stick with the K.I.S........System! :jump: It Rides Just Fine! :OWNED: :popcorn: :beerchug:

He only asked which one RIDES better.

working Hummer 10-04-2006 10:03 PM

OOOOH, I like my Air ride, it even sounds softer and pillowy:D

ASTAR 10-05-2006 02:07 AM

Another vote for AIR. I drove both when I was test driving and the air felt a little better. plus automatic load leveling is AWESOME! No saggy rear with a trailer. :D

Alan06SUT 10-05-2006 02:35 AM

Air rides better.

Off road, my 06 has only had one issue regarding the air. The first time I was at Tellico, I slammed into a rock ledge pretty good at a steep angle and somehow the air bags deflated. I turned the truck off and on again. The airbags re-inflated as normal, and that was it. All has been fine since. Some people have had issues with the sensors hitting the tires once they upgraded to 37's.

Towing is great with the air, and so is the ride with the vehicle fully loaded. I personally thing the payload and towing numbers are way under rated by the factory as I have "overloaded" them both without any issues or sketchy rides.

DDWH 10-05-2006 02:38 AM

AIR....I like the auto load leveling and the 2" cheat lift when needed.

MDimitri 10-05-2006 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CO Hummer
I'd say AIR...and set of Ranch 9000s

No Disagreements here... :iagree:

Arizona Hummerboy 10-05-2006 06:27 AM

Air. I like the ride I get from it when Off Roading.:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Big Z 10-05-2006 07:01 AM

See!...It takes Very Little to get a thread movin! lol :giggling:

31_bandits 10-05-2006 11:09 AM

Air, especially for the rear seat passengers.

plus you get more clearance which can be huge.