Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   GM & Hummer, just a thought. (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39490)

Intercooled 05-09-2010 07:08 PM

GM & Hummer, just a thought.

I know alot of us are pissed that Hummer is gone and GM really screwed up the whole works right from the beginning. But I have this funny feeling that because the deal didnt go through with china and they couldnt, so call, come to terms with another buyer, that they might have future plans. The brand is discontinued and no more are to be made. But the brand isnt sold and is still owned by GM. I get this feeling that someday, down the road when technology permits, the brand will get resurrected. For now SUV's arent popular and are slowly dissapearing from the manufacturers line ups. But there will always be a market for a capable off road vehicle. GM no longer has that in thier line up. I think it might be like Camaro, gone a for few years and then resurrected. When the economy fully recovers, technology advances a bit and great ideas come together, I bet Hummer will have an exciting resurgance and will be this new "green" machine. I know GM isnt going to "re-expand" any time soon but perhaps will with a viable partner like Raser or AM general. The future may bring back the Hummer name. The name is just too awesome and cultish to just dissapear forever, like Harley Davidson. Whay cant the HX get 35-40 MPG?
Just thinking out loud.

CBR_Raven 05-10-2010 02:18 AM

Re: GM & Hummer, just a thought.

That's exactly what I was thinking...Hummer had a great run so I can see GM bringing it back in 5-10 years but it will be smaller and more fuel efficient...the HX/H4 would be a great start...they could leave the H1, H2 and H3 out of production and just continue to make parts for them so that we can keep the current ones looking good and running good for years to come...that will also increase the resale value. I love my H2 SUT and I personally think that a little customization with good taste the H2 outclasses any luxury SUV out there on the road...including the Escalade, Range Rover and G Wagon.

Big.Z.hummin 05-10-2010 02:35 AM

AMEN to both posts! although i thought they could have kept the h3 going and made it more fuel efficient. i really didnt want to see the h3t go!

twr 05-10-2010 02:48 AM

Hi i hope you guys are right, but i have my doubts.

seventwozero 05-11-2010 03:15 AM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a H2 version of that electric H3 by Raser, sayyy... 500 hp and 1000'ish ft/lbs? :dancingbanana:

In the meantime I'll stick with my plan of updating to a 08/09 H2 in 4 years or so.

CBR_Raven 08-17-2023 10:29 PM

Hey guys, I was just going back reading some of these old threads and found this one. I predicted that GM would bring back the Hummer eventually and now they have the new Hummer EV pickup and SUV available! I love the SUV version but I wish it would have been a hybrid model.