Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Jeeps are junk? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5909)

H-Too 05-04-2005 02:13 PM

I'm sure it's only a matter of minutes before someone rips my head off, but here I go anyway.

Why do folks on this site like to tool on Jeeps?

I have both an H2 and a Rubicon, and I like both. They are two different vehicles. Both have been great military vehicles, both can go just about anywhere, both are fun to drive.

I don't want to sound like a "can't we all get along" pansie, but I don't get the animosity.

Can anyone explain this?

H-Too 05-04-2005 02:13 PM

I'm sure it's only a matter of minutes before someone rips my head off, but here I go anyway.

Why do folks on this site like to tool on Jeeps?

I have both an H2 and a Rubicon, and I like both. They are two different vehicles. Both have been great military vehicles, both can go just about anywhere, both are fun to drive.

I don't want to sound like a "can't we all get along" pansie, but I don't get the animosity.

Can anyone explain this?

Mr. I - Man 05-04-2005 02:16 PM

Ex-military vehicle sibling rivalry???

DRTYFN 05-04-2005 02:21 PM

We're not "tooling" on Jeeps. We're just poking at them. I don't think anybody hates them. Like Mr. I-Man said, it's kind of like a sibling rivalry.

GeorgeSSSS 05-04-2005 02:22 PM

They're good -- -- we're just better.

There's no rivalry.

George SSSS

PARAGON 05-04-2005 02:35 PM

Well, the Jeepers started it.

devilsfan 05-04-2005 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think a lot has to do with the fact that Hummer has yet to produce a dud.

H2 rescue vehicle, my butt.

Stacy

PhillyPhreak 05-04-2005 06:06 PM

I love my H2 and my jeeps.....2 completely differnt vehicles. The jeep is great for tight trails.....my jeep has gone down some trails in central PA that I wouldn't even consider taking a H2 through...to big.

usetosellhummer 05-04-2005 06:11 PM

We can get along, but I love showing Jeep owners the diffrence when given the chance.

Thai 05-04-2005 06:17 PM

Do you guys think that H2 is better than Rubicon off-road??

VTSTOMPER 05-04-2005 06:29 PM

I personally do not have an issue with Jeeps or the owners of Jeeps. I have had very bad luck with one wrangler that has left a poor taste in my mouth if anything. The company I work for has company are Jeeps, and they seems ok. What I have a problem with are the people I do not know that decide they need to come up to me and start talking in poor respect for me, and my truck. Not one have them have been a Jeep driver yet BTW.

Harley 05-04-2005 06:34 PM

I agree with Seth... I was trying to follow a friend in his Jeep a couple of months ago over a hill and thought I could squeeze around a rock he zipped past and now have "the gash" to remind me I couldn't...

K

Thai 05-04-2005 06:36 PM

You guys are poking fun at the Jeep Liberty. Granted, most Jeeps suck the big one...posers. However, i doubt that the Jeep Rubicon is one of them.

IMHO, i don't see the H2 being in the same class as the Rubicon in off-roading...size & weight alone put the Rubicon ahead. Then you add in Dana 44 solid axles front & rear with gear-based lockers (and rear gear-LSD) and it's not even a fair fight.

BTW, to be fair, i don't consider my G500 to be in the same class as Rubicon either. Rubi has the perfect size with a great off-roading powertrain (amazing crawl ratio, torquey engine)...it's made for off-roading, unlike our rigs, which compromises on-road and off-road ride.

My brother has a Rubicon. We went off-roading in CO last year...i did about 85-90% of the stuff that he went on...but i would not say that mine was better on anything. Sure, i had a more comfy ride with a better stereo system, but that's about it. Capability-wise, i don't see anything matching the Rubi on the trails. Modifications are cheap and just around the corner too!

On-road, anything can beat the Rubicon...but in off-roading, Rubis are in a class of one.

Thai 05-04-2005 06:45 PM

Toss-up in off-roading??!! Ok...we don't see the same thing then. I think that i will end here in this thread.

Thai 05-04-2005 06:50 PM

I would love too. I live near Houston. How about you guys??

Last month, i organized a small gathering and we off-roaded in Liberty TX. That was some crappy mud...damn acidic mud or something got on our paint!! It took a few weeks for it to disappear...weird stains!

Anyway, we had: my G500, Lexus GX470, 2 Rubicons, 2000 4runner, and Porsche Cayenne. Yes, a Porsche Cayenne!! We had fun.

Just keep me posted please. When's the next event??

NoMoGMPG 05-04-2005 07:01 PM

Seth brings up the very weakness of the Rubi. It's short, tight wheelbase makes steep bumpy trails (Hell's Gate, Tip Over Challenge) particularly dangerous to it where the H2 has the wider and longer stance and can handle it comfortably. This is not to take away from the Rubicons' capability, it is that, but too put it in a class of one I give you my special "one". No way.

Dave