Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cool phone signature / Hummer/Prius Slogan (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21381)

johndjmix1 10-17-2006 08:14 AM

Cool phone signature / Hummer/Prius Slogan

I have this signature on my phone txt messages "Buy a Hummer support America, buy a prius support Japan".

Hey Mike, how is married life?

--John

frenzy1 10-17-2006 10:27 AM

Re: Cool phone signature / Hummer/Prius Slogan

RIGHT ON !!!

BOYCOT THE FAR EAST !!!

frenzy

ZigsRig 10-17-2006 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndjmix1

--John

GREAT. 3 Weeks in Tahiti is a good way to realax! :clapping:

Going back to work SUCKS though :crying:

BlueTJCO 10-17-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndjmix1
I have this signature on my phone txt messages "Buy a Hummer support America, buy a prius support Japan".

--John

John........that is just wonderful:twak:

31_bandits 10-18-2006 07:13 AM

quote me on this.

the prius is poised for a big-time publicity backlash. gas prices are low, panic is not high, the car isn't really very good (a cool friend of mine has a prius and an H2, lol), the technology works (hybrid) but comes with the next-big-thing among enviros - battery panic, and its all jap. The sales brochure reads like somethign you'd tell a hypnotized person to brainwash them.

and with the backlash against the prius may come general relief from the over-positive reviews given to basically anything toytota. the FJ, the taco, the tundra, the corolla (which sucks, even at its price point) will all perhaps soon face fair and reasonable judgement rather than the rose-colored-glasses reviews they have benefited from to date.

the prius went too far. hollywood being all, well, hollywood. trendy and fearful for not doing the "good" thing, and fearful for not being "in", and overly defensive of the vehicle rather than proactively enthusiastic... A simple car with a battery brainwashed - remarkably - a segment of society. It can't last forever. If the prius comes under scrutiny its followers will fade, its resale value will crash, and blah blah

mountainbiker 10-18-2006 10:34 AM

Guys,

Remember there still is the rest of the world. While we Americans are fortunate enough to have relatively inexpensive gasoline, please don't forget about the other things such as the price of gas in other countries and our global war on terrorism. Here in Europe, they are paying $7-9 a gallon on the economy. Seeing America at war in Iraq and driving big cars with cheap gas gives these folks the belief we are at war for the oil. We are not! However, it is a perception.

We do need to get ourselves away from petrol resources, so we don't have to place money into the "wrong hands". If I had the choice of a Hybrid H3 or Hybrid H2 with no major differences and it cost me a few bucks more--there is no way I would be choosing gas. I think you'd all agree if the US companies make the hybrids, etc.--we'd buy it. With gas prices low and not seeing your friends leave for Iraq everyday, you sometimes forget about it.

Please all I ask is that you think about the possibilty of getting us away from using this major resource of the Middle East.

mountainbiker 10-18-2006 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by www.autoblog.com

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy released Tuesday the 2007 edition of the government's Fuel Economy Guide, and Toyota and Honda models dominate the top of the rankings, with seven of the top ten fuel economy ratings, led by Toyota's Prius. Ford Motor was the only American automaker to crack the top ten, with three of its Ford and Mercury hybrids.

Here are the ten best, in order:
1. Toyota Prius
2. Honda Civic Hybrid
3. Toyota Camry Hybrid
4. Ford Escape Hybrid FWD
5. Toyota Yaris (manual)
6. Toyota Yaris (automatic)
7. Honda Fit (manual)
8. Toyota Corolla (manual)
9. Hyundai Accent (manual) tied with the Kia Rio (manual)
10. Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD tied with the Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4WD

While the gas-sipping Prius topped the list with EPA economy numbers of 60 mpg city and 51 mpg highway, the much less expensive gas-only Toyota Yaris and Honda Fit turned in very impressive numbers (34/40 and 33/38, respectively for the manual transmission versions).

Perhaps the most entertaining aspect of the report is the seeing the EPA categorize the Aston Martin DB9 as a "minicompact," the Bentley Azure as a "subcompact," and the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti as a "midsize" car. (All three posted worst-in-class numbers, by the way.)

Lots more info at the government's fuel economy website, here.

[Source: EPA]

http://www.autoblog.com