Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Check Engine light this morning (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31959)

Yetti 01-08-2008 01:43 AM

Check Engine light this morning

well we have had some weird weather. the temp rose to 60* this morning after my truck sat in the barn and was chilled to the bone from the weekend. well when I started it it set a light in the dash. so at lunch I spun into the dealer and grabbed the Tech II and ran the code. come to find out it had an Evap code cause the weather changed to fast. the same thing happened last year. just cleared the code and it was fine. so if by chance you get a light after a severe weather change in temp or Baro pressure it will most likely be the evap code.

The Ledge 01-30-2008 02:40 PM

Re: Check Engine light this morning

I received the check engine diagnostic 10 days ago on my 2008 as it intermittently came on and off during the recent cold spell here in NJ. Remote start becomes inactive in conjunction with this diagnostic. Resolution was the same as code was reprogrammed at dealer.

Adam in CO 01-30-2008 03:39 PM

My check engine light is on more than it's off these days. It would make sense as Denver has 40 degree temperatire changes every day.

MVR 155 01-30-2008 04:53 PM

Had the same issue here in the chicagoland area a couple of weeks back that gave me a light...... after about a week it went off. We were at 50 degrees here yesterday and within about 4 hours the temp dropped to 4 degrees. No engine light but we'll see :D

lennyrebel 01-31-2008 10:04 AM

My experience was same as already mentioned in Forum --the beast would like some higher octane fuel like a drink of hi-test. Cure all my check engine light problems, She don't like no jeep gas--cheap.

Adam in CO 01-31-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lennyrebel
My experience was same as already mentioned in Forum --the beast would like some higher octane fuel like a drink of hi-test. Cure all my check engine light problems, She don't like no jeep gas--cheap.

Cheap.

Funny.

Cheap Wrangler
Cheap Cherokee
Cheap Wagoneer
Cheap Liberty
Cheap Commander

Lots of cheap.

Little General 02-01-2008 10:22 PM

My wife got the check engine light the other day and onstar said check the gas cap. Restarted the engine and no more light. Here in N.C. we have had days in the high 20's and the next day 60. My H2 sits in a heated garage so who knows what the problem was .

JPorter 02-02-2008 03:43 AM

One thing to keep in mind...if you don't screw your gas cap on securely it will cause your check engine light to come on as well.

OU812 02-02-2008 10:41 AM

Have you installed a CAI?