Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How do you find and erase Trouble Codes (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32242)

mR496 01-19-2008 09:39 PM

How do you find and erase Trouble Codes

My 01 Corvettte has the DIC and I am able to go through all of the codes and erase them or put them in Archive. s there a way the Hummer can do this also? 2005 H2 Hummer Navi Lux.

blockrockin 01-19-2008 11:00 PM

Re: How do you find and erase Trouble Codes

you can do it . you have to use a programer like one from hypertech or anthor brand , just plug it in and you can look at the trouble codes and erase them. i have one for sale for that might work on your h2 if your interested.

MVR 155 01-23-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mR496
My 01 Corvettte has the DIC and I am able to go through all of the codes and erase them or put them in Archive. s there a way the Hummer can do this also? 2005 H2 Hummer Navi Lux.

No self diagnostics like the vette unfortunately, I have a 2002 Z06 and was thinking the same thing when I got an engine light about 1.5 weeks ago. We had some very drastic temperature changes here in the midwest and I got the SES light right in the middle of all of it. I left it alone and it went off on its own over the weekend and has not returned.

pdsq99f4 01-23-2008 03:31 PM

Temperature change will not cause an ses light. There is something wrong. Scan the code.

MVR 155 01-23-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdsq99f4
Temperature change will not cause an ses light. There is something wrong. Scan the code.

Talked to my buddy who is a tech at one of the local chevy dealers..... he said they got a handful of vehicles in with SES lights, he said with extreme temp changes (teens to nearly 60 degress and then back down into the teens within a 2 day period) they had some cars come in with evap codes. He also said if the gas cap wasnt tightened well conditions like this would definately cause that code as well. My ole lady took it for gas and she is notorious for not screwing the gas cap back on tightly till it clicks. If the light comes back on then I will scan it but Im guessing its nothing.

mR496 01-26-2008 10:06 PM

always click the gas cap 3 times and you will ge good to go.

Yetti 01-27-2008 04:42 AM

I had my evap set a light twice now. both times the temp changed over 30 degrees while it sat in the garage. also it had less then half a tank of fuel. the purge valve on the charcoal canister should have prevented this. but I do believe mine is packed with mud so it doesn't vent in a timely fashion.
I drove by the dealer to clear them with a Tech 2 scanner. took about 5 minutes.