Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Today's NYTimes describes the H2 as an American Icon (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34308)

HummerJim 06-01-2008 01:31 PM

Today's NYTimes describes the H2 as an American Icon

Can't believe there is actually a newspaper article not bashing the H2, but rather describes it as "an American Icon." http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F03EEDD1438F935A35757C0A9659C8B 63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

NewHummerGuy 06-01-2008 01:42 PM

Re: Today's NYTimes describes the H2 as an American Icon

Yes a nice article but did you see the date it was written??? April 2003......:( Wonder why they reran it???

I doubt you will find such a glowing article these days:)

HummerMann 06-01-2008 06:06 PM

I have lurked these boards for years and am a longtime H2 owner. Today's Times article made me sign up. The article referred to here appeared in the weekend Automotive section, but the online version is out of context. The beginning of the article states how there are no kings, dignitaries etc. that ride in Cadillacs, Packards, or Lincolns (Americana) anymore when American cars were icons to the world, but how the American H2 Hummer is becoming the choice of foreign kings and is fast becoming an Icon for dignitaries in other countries and then the April 2003 article follows. A specially made Hummer H2 is the personal car of King Abdullah of Saudi. Wish I had 45 cent gas like he does.
The article was followed by the one you posted. I have owned two H2s and I wouldn't be without my current '06 H2! Hello to all of you fellow Hummer people from the upstate NY....and I just love to drive my Hummer in Manhattan. Your Hummer forums have the least amount of kids on the computer BS on them and the most factual and interesting Hummer information. Cabs never cut off Hummers, take my word for it.
Interestingly, the online article did not appear in all of the weekend final sections. Pressure from somewhere???

HummerRox 06-02-2008 05:16 PM

nice

BKLYNH2 06-02-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummerMann
I have lurked these boards for years and am a longtime H2 owner. Today's Times article made me sign up. The article referred to here appeared in the weekend Automotive section, but the online version is out of context. The beginning of the article states how there are no kings, dignitaries etc. that ride in Cadillacs, Packards, or Lincolns (Americana) anymore when American cars were icons to the world, but how the American H2 Hummer is becoming the choice of foreign kings and is fast becoming an Icon for dignitaries in other countries and then the April 2003 article follows. A specially made Hummer H2 is the personal car of King Abdullah of Saudi. Wish I had 45 cent gas like he does.
The article was followed by the one you posted. I have owned two H2s and I wouldn't be without my current '06 H2! Hello to all of you fellow Hummer people from the upstate NY....and I just love to drive my Hummer in Manhattan. Your Hummer forums have the least amount of kids on the computer BS on them and the most factual and interesting Hummer information. Cabs never cut off Hummers, take my word for it.
Interestingly, the online article did not appear in all of the weekend final sections. Pressure from somewhere???

Welcome aboard! :D

HummerRox 06-02-2008 06:11 PM

"Your Hummer forums have the least amount of kids on the computer BS on them and the most factual and interesting Hummer information."

I sure hope I dont ruin this for ya HummerMann!
haha

(if you meant that kids mess things up)

...But then again im not a kid, I'm a teen! >.<