View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

BLOWNZO6 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NJ H2:
How is the Delorme Street Atlas 2006? and is this DVD NAV?
Can I hook up my Alpine NAV?
Is there a wireless mouse/keyboard?
Can you get online with your cell phone if no wireless cnnection available?
Can I run the JL Stealth box sub thru this with an amp?
Can I run a CD/DVD player to a aux input?
Is there an output for the NAV and DVD to run other screens?
Where is the DVD rom located?
Does that screen flip up?
Sorry for all the questions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. The Delorme software is very detailed. The 2006 version is MUCH better to use. To still do on the fly programming you really would benefit from using a keyboard, the computer has an On Screen Keyboard, but using a mini one is the best way. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would say it is an 8, I like the features, I like the maps, etc. I have used it on a long trip, it will respond to voice commands if you set up a microphone, it will also give voice commands while you are driving. I hooked mine up in my house before I put it in the truck and programmed in all of the normal places that I travel. THEN it is VERY easy, you just pick where you are going and starting from on a pull down menu. It is not DVD nav, all the maps are on the hard drive, no need to tie up a drive.
2. I have no experienve with teh alpine NAV, if you can hook it up through a computer you can use it. There are two more Video inputs for this screen. If you can feed it to a normal composite video feed, then you should be able to use it. I am not sure about the sound. Sorry I am just not familiar with it.
3. If you can interface your phone with a computer, you can use it to get online with this, it has all of the functions of a normal PC.
4. Yes you can run amplifiers with this and an auxilary sub box. Basically have an RCA that runs from the computer to the adapter harness, you would just run the RCA to your amp and then from the amp to the adapter.
5. There should be no need for a CD/DVD player in an aux input. You will have 80GB of HD space to store movies or songs. There is a CD/DVD drive on the unit or you can remote locate it, with the purchase of a USB external housing.
6. I covered the "other screens" question in another reply.
7. No that screen does not flip up, it is mounted exactly where it is.

The questions are not a problem...