View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 02:50 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

pictures, pictures, pictures. come on it's 11:50 get up out of bed and get working on your truck I want to see MORE pictures...

For those of you that know about my on going overheating issue I made it to CA last night (late)without any trouble. I even saw the temp gauge read 185 (I think, the second mark on the gauge, 160=cold at start then the next mark=185 followed by 210)210 is still where it trucks temp stays most of the time but at least on the down hill parts of the trip between Vegas and Ca the gauge went to 185

I'm still concerned about the temp being 210 most of the way home and even more so now with the 160 thermostat installed.

I am almost 100% certain that the cooling issue for me isn't my radiator or the trucks stock cooling components.

The problem is with Mangnacharger's inner cooler. It's not big enough or efficient enough.

How do I know this? Simple while going down a couple of the long hills with the temp resting at 185 I accelerated until the supercharger came on and the temp rose very quickly back to 210...

So I'm going to look into getting a more efficient or larger intercooler and see if I can't keep the trucks operating temp down around 185.

I know a change of 25 degrees isn't that big of a temp jump especially under acceleration. The trouble is that the supercharger comes on or kicks in at 2000rpm's which is anywhere between 60mph and 80mph depending on the terrain. This is a problem since most of the country's max allowed speed is 65mph or better. (And I can’t drive 65!) A bigger concern right now for me is what happens when summer hits in Vegas? Do I leave the truck in the garage for 16 weeks? I don't think so...

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread.