Thread: RUBICON
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

LORD HAVE MERCY.....or Jason, put an end to this thread....

Dennis...it's time to stand-down and give it a break. You're a very good guy, but this thread has brought out the worst in you. I think a lot of your humor flies by people and is perhaps interpreted in an ill manner. Because this thead has gone well beyond topic...I'm gonna ask that you stand-down and just put this all behind you. Please...this is not a productive thing, and you know darn well how much time can be spent wasted on this...I'm asking you to stand-down....

Keith...that was an excellent post and while I can't speak for the majority of people here...I think everything is very cool with you and your buds at this point. I want to sorta thank you for tolerating some abusive crap that came your way. As it has been pointed out, we're a bit of an abused group with a bumpy history or "attacks". Most other brands scoff at us...and even our own H1 brothers give us grief on occassion.

I don't think these you guys (Keith, etc) wanted to see our H2's get trashed...they're just proud of their trail, their rigs and what they can accomplish. I myself have taken a few "other" rigs on trails where I figure they may have trouble. I don't think anyone wants to see damage, carnage or harm come to anyone or any rig. Those guys were just talkin' house on their own forum. If you know what I mean, great....if you don't, I doubt I could explain it.

JRT, you're welcome and have always been welcome to join us in Big Bear or wherever we go...do I have ya on my email list?

Somebody on their list said: a moron can get a rock-buggy stuck in a gravel pit, and an expert driver can get a stock rig through the 'con' without a scratch.

In the end...they're just different vehicles. I can throw 6 adults, dressed in formal wear in my Hummer, drive them 2 hours smoothly at 85 mph and arrive in comfort. These rock-crawlers are purpose-specific. There is no comparison...and I don't think these guys were trying to compare anyways.