View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 04:05 AM
Hummer Expert

Beastmaster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
ah poo.

I miss the Denali lamps (projection) I had in my sierra. I added a set of Hella ballasts with Philips Utilion bulbs (6000K). I was so happy with that set-up.

I then tossed some in my yoda, but there was tons of wasted light. (reflection)

I would like to do the H2 with some projections like others have done here, but I will wait on it. I have other things to do first!

You set-up looks good BTW Beastmaster! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. It's kinda funny - my wife's sedan has E-Code spec headlamps. I like driving that at night because of the superior lighting pattern. Not anymore!!!

E-Code Hella's combined with the low beam only HID capsules worked out far better than I thought they would. It's good enough that I rarely need highbeams now. And I haven't gotten flashed at all.

I still want to see pictures like what I did with the wall aiming shots with projector units. The XE7's definitely pique my curiosity, but the dimensions require me to literally destroy the headlight buckets to run them. Not something I cherish doing.

Besides, doing what I did for the price I did them for, I think it's a killer upgrade that will give huge gains. And, it's easy enough to do on nearly any truck with a 7" headlamp.