View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ree:
Actually, if the area is nice and rectangular just those dimensions, erring to the small side and notes about any irregularitis/fins/etc. If it's more irregular, whatever you can/want to do for specing it out.

I'm considering a milemarker hydraulic. I don't yet have dimensions on them either (I wasn't planning this shopping until next month), but drum lengths are comparable to the 9.5XP and pictures make it look like a possibility. So if you know that this will or won't work, that'd be good too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All(I'm pretty sure) winches have a standard foot print. Your main concern is going to be the dimensions from to the left & right of the bolt holes.
I would highly advise you to stay away from the Mile Marker winches. All of the Hummer techs that I've spoken with on this subject have offered the advice to NOT use a hydraulic winch on the H2.

I'd recommend going with the Warn Tabor series winches. Great product and very reliable.
The 9K & the 12K have the same dimensions, just different gears.
http://www.warn.com/truck/winches/value_series.shtml