View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 12:55 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FreeorDie2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ckhagman:
]

I would like to know what Exxon/Mobils ROI was on this 9.9 billion. i.e. if last years was 2% and this years was 2% then who really cares. But if this hear was significantly higher like 6% or more than it is a problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is it a problem? Who are you, or who is anybody, to say how much profit a company should make? How much money do you make? How much of a pay raise did you get this year? Last year? Does anyone but your employer have a right to say if it's too much or too little?

How much money did you risk over the last X years to make sure gas gets to market? I'll bet that if you were heavily invested in XOM, you'd be singin' a different damn song. . . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe you missed my point entirely. I was merely saying, if they made the same % profit then them making 9.9billion is no big deal. I do not complain about the petroleum industry.