View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 03:18 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Hummoron:
In my postings, I attacked the arrogant hummorons (yes, that name was what I think of you) who believe that you are somehow better than everyone else. After all, you drive your big vehicles so that when you run into someone else, they'll get killed, not you.

Certainly not every hummer owner fits the stereotype, but enough of you do that is the reason the stereotype exists.

I guess I'm a little confused by the "sterotype" that has suddenly been formed in the past two years regarding owners of H2's. For the most part, I must pass between 10 and 15 H2's a day driving in Northwest Houston. I would say at least 2/3's of the drivers are females between the ages of say 18 and say 48. They definitely appear to be people who would normally be driving a Tahoe but, given the chance to own something different, chose an H2.

Now granted, those numbers aren't substantiated with the membership that you will see here. For the most part, the group here is mostly male between the ages of 20 and 50. Now, I can tell you, most of the group from what I can tell are professionals who like the look of the H2 and don't mind the gas mileage. The H2 was something different to do, kind of like the Corvette or Viper. Now, speaking from experience, I historically have been a crewcab pickup guy but decided to give the H2 a shot after seeing it and test driving it. I do like it but intend on eventually getting an older model H1 and another crewcab diesel pickup.

I only say all of this because I don't believe people purchase H2's because they think they are better than everybody else. I mean, if that was the case, why stop there. Just go ahead and get a Range Rover, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes G-wagon, lexus Lx 450(?) or BMW X-5 and truly demonstrate that you have $60K to $90K to spend on a car... When all factored in, the Hummer H2 is a very nicely priced vehicle competitive in price to Tahoe Z-71, Yukon Denali and Cadillac Escalade. (With discounts and rebates you can pick one up for around $600/month which in today's world isn't too bad a deal.) You can't sit there and tell me that everytime you see someone driving a Tahoe, Denali or Escalade, you think the same thing-******* with an attitude...

Now, with regards to "drive your big vehicles so that when you run into someone else, they'll get killed, not you." You really don't believe this, do you? If so, I've got a better forum for you to go to http://www.thedieselstop.com/

There you will find close to 51,000 owners of Ford Diesel Crewcab Longbed Trucks, Duallys, and even the dreaded... "Excursion"... The Ultimate Gas Guzzler and Road Hog. I'm sure the members over there would welcome you with open arms... Especially when you start complaining about how big the trucks are that they drive...

Anyways, I really think when you look at the number of Ford, Chevy, and Dodge Truck Owners in the marketplace, they should be your target audience if your true issue is the size of the vehicle. Crewcab Longbed Trucks make the H2 look small and with their heavier diesel engine make more of an impact in a crash...