View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

BLOWNZO6 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JetEyeNite:
Can you still use the volume up/down from the steering wheel?
what about the band control(FM/AM/CD, etc)? can it be controlled from the steering wheel?
How fast is the start up time? I would imagine that you'd put the system into either sleep mode or hibernation mode when the unit is not powered up. That leads me to another question. How much of bettery power does this unit draw when the vehicle is not running? Can you integrate both XM and Sirrus?
How good is the voice recognition on the Atlas?

thanks in advance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The buttons on the steering wheel only work to control the ONSTAR, nothing related to the radio.

From boot, I would say it is about a minute. The way the power supply is setup it put the computer into standby and when you come back it just returns from standby, which takes about 3 seconds. I don't know how much amperage it draws when the vehicle is not running. The power supply will no let the battery go dead. If it senses the supply voltage is below 11V, it shuts the computer down. I parked at the airport for about 4 days.. came back, no problem.

I would assume you could use both Sirius and XM is you wanted to, it is compatible with both.

I have not used the voice recognition on the navigation to know how well it works.

Thanks,
Nick