Thread: Hummer Hatred!
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 02:59 AM

mr.jeepster is off the scale

Here's my latest brush with the "Hummer hatred" out there......too damn funny!

I was gassing up at the local station when the guy waiting behind me got out of his little rice burner and approached - with an attitude.
He said, "That's a gas guzzler, isn't it?"
I smiled as politely as possible and said, "It's not too bad." and turned away to continue pumping. But he wouldn't quit. As his girlfriend approached and stood beside him, his voice got a little more shrill and obnoxious. "Well, what kind of mileage do you get?"
Okay, I'd had enough. Remembering a pearl of wisdom I got from someone on this forum, I turned, smiled, shrugged my shoulders and, with all the false modesty I could muster said, "Oh, I dunno. About the same as my Porsche." This had two distinctly different effects. It made his girlfriend grin and look at the ground. It mad him madder than hell. But still, he wouldn't give up. "Well what does it get? About 8 or 9 miles to the gallon?" I grinned as broadly as possible and said, "Aw hell, I dunno." Then I looked at his girlfriend and said, "But I'll bet she'd love to ride in either one of 'em, wouldn't you, hun?"
Holy ****.
He came unglued. As she chuckled and walked back to their car, he stepped toward me and demanded, "What did you say?"
I repeated it. Word for word. Then continued to pump my gas. As I got in and drove away, he was still standing there - staring and shaking.
Anything that inspires that kind of strong response is worth every penny it takes to own and operate it. I've had my Hummer for a couple weeks now, and it is already an "experience." As they say at McDonald's, "I'm lovin' it."

Scott
'03 H2 Black Adv. Pkg. w/10"dvd

ps - I hauled horses in the trailer for the first time today. Only one horse, so well under 5,000 pounds...but MAN! Can this H2 haul!
Attached Images