View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 01:24 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Camman:
I would like to comment on the gentleman called " Hummer Deity". Until you have seen or driven this application, you should not be so open to changing Ben's reply. The turbo lag is much less then you would think, but you say your the expert...........Not................
I have a 6.0 Ford Power Stroke and the lag is much more on the Ford then the H2. The H2 spools very quickly, even with the long, extra tubing that needs to be filled...Go back to your physics class and see how fast 5psi can fill those pipes...you will be amazed Mr. Know It All.
I have been driving this H2 for the last three weeks in the rain here in Salt Lake, seem to have no problems what so ever..........oh and guess what, I run an Oil Analysis Lab and have checked the oil time and time again, no water, no soot isuues what so ever.
And to the guy that stated the rear end oil would break down, thats funny,,,,,,EP Gear Oil can with stand over 650 Degrees F before breaking down, trust me, the heat from the turbo is not effecting the rear end oil but maybe by 20 degrees..........
Also Mr. Deity, STS has done a Twin Turbo Kit on a 2005 Mustang and I have to let you know the turbo lag there is NONE...............oh ya, only 2.2 seconds faster in the quarter mile then the supper charged 2005 Mustang version.
I really think it is childish when you modify someone's post............post your own reply....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That was done so Ben would know exactly what he was responding to.

Anyway, when I saw you posted I was hoping you were responding to my questions on the previous page. Here is the post again<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by KenP:
Camman, do something about the underside of your truck. It looks like crap! It appears, by the tires, that your truck is the black one I posted a pic of above. Ben said the step tube supports had to be trimmed. Can you, or Ben post a pic of where and how they were trimmed? I want to see what type of work would be needed to do it and to see what it would do to the rock rail supports.

I think everyone can agree the filter would need to be relocated for any wet wheeling, but I'm curious about the turbo's location in relation to the diff housing. Could you measure it? How much clearance is there between the two? Also, if you don't mind measuring the distance from the ground to the return tube, right where it is next to the driveshaft? These are very important questions that need to be answered for anyone that plans on taking their truck offroad.

Ben, just remember I love turbos, but I have to ask: I could just kiss my drivetrain warranty goodbye with this product, can't I? Or do you have some method of doing it I can't find? Maybe if one of your dealers installs the system the drivetrain would be covered? A big selling point for the Mag SC is the dealer install and being able to retain your warranty. That's why so many go that route and they can be had for a comparative price, plus install.

Again, I guess my biggest concern goes to the warranty issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for your help.

And Taz, thanks for the response as well.