View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hummer tour buisness..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncricket
there are all kinds of Colorado TOUR Companies.....I seriously dought they carry 5,000,000 in insurance coverage per vehicle, and I seriously dought they pay 10% income fee's to the state

Do the research...

As an operator, which was been impossible to obtain for about 10 years or more, you must have a contract with the USFS to operate on their lands. And in that contract, there is a percentage that they take from the business. But the barriers to entry might change once a capacity study is approved for the White River National Forest. Pike and San Isabel are also in a similar position.

So maybe I should say, you're buying the operating license in that price above, which is impossible to get in some areas.

Also, the insurance is very high. There is a $1,000,000 mini from the Colorado Public Utilities Comission on all Luxury limo services in the state. A good insurance adviser would probably suggest at least that much coverage, especially with a number of passengers. Each vehicle should be covered, in case you have a really, really bad day... Otherwise, you'd have to up your umbrella coverage signficantly. If you wanted to protect yourself in the event of an accident. Or you could just hope no one sues if two vehicles with 5 passengers each, and three familes total, roll over and kill or injure all the occupants... I'd think a $20,000,000 umbrella might come in handy there!

From Colorado PUC:

Off Road Charter. A carrier with this type of permit operates motor vehicles that transport passengers to scenic points in Colorado. Several restrictions apply: (1) a portion of the travel must be off the paved roads, (2) travel may not be to commercial locations, and (3) travel originates and terminates at the same location. The vehicles must be operated on a charter basis (the transportation must be exclusively provided to a single group of persons; the group directs the operation of the vehicle, including origin, destination, route, and stops). For this type of carrier, the Commission regulates only registration, insurance, and safety.

Last edited by BlueHUMMERH2 : 10-06-2006 at 05:16 PM.