View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Hummer Veteran

La.Swamp Lobster is off the scale
Default Re: Trans cooler bursts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUM GOOD
I own a 2005 H2 - with 58,000 miles
Here's the deal: Engine running great. I feel a slip in the trans shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Then notice antifreeze pouring out the overflow. I shut down the truck and had it towed to the dealer. The diagnosis is: The trans cooler bursted in the radiator mixing the antifreeze into the trans and blowing the trans. They say the entire cooling system needs to be changed, rad, hoses, clamps, heater core, etc. and then the trans plus the trans cooling system. cost $7600 AAGH!

The H2 is out of warranty. I called corporate and they are investigating the issue. The truck has never been in the dealer for any repairs. All maintenence has been done by me. Oil changes, greasing (the basics).
Corporate has been investigating for 1 week now because they claim that if the truck was taken to the dealer for maintainence this may have been avoided. I think this is bull**** and sounds like a part failure to me.

The truck has some mods: Intake, borla cat-back exhaust, shift kit and diablo programmer.

Wondering if anyone else has had a similiar situation. Also any feedback is appreciated.

Had the same problem...Thank God for extended warranty...it covered it all...rebuilt transmission, rental car for 2 weeks, and my dealer even paided my deductable...only one problem...the extended warranty would not pay to replace the overflow bottle, so even after flushing it 3 times, there is still transmission fuild in the rad....the honeycomb core of the overflow bottle doesn't allow for a total system flush.....make sure they replace yours!....good luck!....i will be putting an ext. cooler on first chance i get!