View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 03:23 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CHECK AIR SUSPENSION!!!!

Installed myself. Got to raise the frame up enough that the rear axle will hang high enough when supported by a floor jack to remove the two lower shock mounted and the two upper sway bar to frame mounts. Now lower the floor jack and there will be plenty of room to remove to air springs. Caution must be used here, if you cut the two air lines things tend to do weird sh!t, just be careful. The air spring has a anti rotation catch on top that when push down will allow you to turn the spring and remove it. The new coils come in a left and right spring with both needing to be "up". To me and the way I installed mine was that the drivers side of the truck is the LEFT side. Read some of the descriptions in the service manual to find out. The job for putting in the coils took about a hour.

The work of removing ALL compressor related parts, wires, sensors, plugs and even the ride height button took the rest of my weekend tracing wires was the hard part but I am so OCD that I wanted it all gone .

Cost of the springs were $80.59 each (one left.one right) and also need four Insulators at $5.72 each for a grand total of $184.06.....now the killer I told them I needed them Saturday and that was a extra cost of $145.06 for next day DHL.

Call Scott at 253-474-9242
Attachment 36251

Attachment 36253

Attachment 36252

Last edited by Easy Ed : 01-27-2021 at 03:01 AM.