View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 04:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

LV_H2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ultimate iPod adaptor and 10Min install

The Nucleus iPod Adapter "shares" the XM1 band. You will use the "band" button to select AM/FM/XM etc as usual. When you select XM1, the first (#1) preset button then becomes a "toggle" button to let you select XM, iPod, or Aux.

The unit works great, but there is a small learning curve. The key is to understand that your six "preset" buttons now have a "function". The instruction manual for the Nucleaus refers to them as Button #1, Button#2, etc. It is not too difficult to learn.

The only confusion is what these preset buttons are labelled. If you use XM and have used these six buttons for preset stations, then they will be labelled as the XM station, EVEN WHEN USING THE ipod adapter. You just need to know that they are Button #1 thru button#6.

I took the opposite approach. I don't care to see the station label for my preset XM stations, instead I have the buttons labelled for the Nucleus iPod functions. The "trick" was to import a CD into iTunes that I didn't need, then CHANGE THE SONG NAME FOR SIX OF THEM. I named
the "songs": "iPod/XM/AUX", "BLANK#2","R_SCROLL","F_SCROLL","SELECT" and "CHOICES". When "playing" this album thru the iPod adapater, I played each of those "songs" and then pressed and held the preset buttons. They are now labelled appropriately for the Ipod adpater functions!

Good Luck and have fun. I think it is the best unit out there. Not perfect, but worth it.

2007 Victory Red LE H2
2005 Yellow H2 - Traded
2004 Victory Red LE H2 - Traded