View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Hummer Novice

MichiganH2 is on a distinguished road
Default New 35x12.5x20 Toyo MT's & Moto Metal 955 rims!!

Well I finally got them! I had to wait a couple of weeks because the tires were on backorder. Thanks to H2 OHH! for answering questions and helping me make the decision to go with this set-up

I love the look of the MT's and the fact that they're not nearly as noisy as I thought they would be. I purchased the rims on-line, and had a local shop order and mount/balance the tires.

I just installed the rims on the truck a couple of days ago, and I do feel some vibration with this new set of rims and tires. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible - just noticeable. The shop that mounted the tires is a quality place, and I've always been happy with their work. I stopped by another tire installer today that has a Hunter 9700 balancing machine to have the balancing checked. The shop owner told me I shouldn't waste my money by having him try to rebalance the tires because with the 20" rims and the heavy lug MT's, it'll never be perfect. In fact, he said that he's got 20" rims with some type of MT tires and he still gets vibration. This is a dude who owns a tire shop and a 1st rate tire balancer.

I know I can't expect these tires to ride like the Goodyear rubber that came from the factory. I'd like to know from any of you who are running the Toyo MT's if this is typical or if you've been able to dial things in perfectly.

Thanks for any responses you can provide! Now onto the pictures