View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone done the diesel conversion?

when the LLY came out there wasn't a lot of programeing for it ,now there is and there guys in California McRat for one tht have broke into the 11's on #2 alone,from what I hear . the LB7 was a good motor ,but the design had major flaws such as fuel injectors under the valve covers so when they failed your crank case filled with fule and trashed the engine .the Lbz is the best of the bunch and if i'm still alive and kickin in 2009 when they change to the new frame I'll get one .though I don't like the Idea of a particulate trap that needs cleaning and with a tune it may be a problem. and yes EfI live is the hot ticket . at this time I belive the LLY can hold it's own power wise wit a LB7 . the LLY and the LBZ are very close in design the LBZ has less compression and a slightly beefer block . my LLY has been flawless so far and I drive it like I stole it ,I can tow a 10000 lb toy hauler up sunset point on the way to flagstaff in 115 degree heat and not over heat . It has been the best truck I have ever owned .
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson