View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 08:45 PM

H2Pilot is off the scale

Anyone with anything more thoughtful to say than:
blah blah blah

What I really hate is liberals spewing their belief that America is fighting the war in Iraq for fuel. That is absolutely ridculous. I have fought for freedom as a US Marine and am ofended by your remarks. I am now employed in a position that affords me information about the war in Iraq that disproves the conjecture of "blood for oil". What an idiot you are to believe everything thing some liberal nut tells you on TV or at your tree-hugging parties in the woods.

I purchased my H2 with plenty of forethought as to its impact on my family, my budget, and the environment in which I live. I am married with three kids and live in the mountains of New Mexico. I purchased a used H2 because it was LESS EXPENSIVE than other new vehicles that gave the same performance and which I actually liked. It carries my entire family through the snow and mud and protects them from the people on the road who drive like idiots.

As far as the gas mileage goes, I really only drive about 5000 miles a year and I often ride my mountain bike to work. Over a 5 year period my H2 will burn roughly 2080 gallons (12 mpg) while other vehicles that would fit my situation would burn about 1660. Saving a little over 400 gallons of gas over 5 years. Big Deal.

Why does it bother me that some morons like your self hate Hummers? Because I like my vehicle, I take care of it, pay for it, and because some people have some misguided opinions about it, they go out of their way to vandalize my property or harrass me or my family.

Does that answer you moronic question? Hope so.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I Forgot a couple of things. I used to drive a large pickup that got worse gas mileage but was able to haul stuff all over the country. We used to have a little Honda civic that got great gas mileage until some idiot in a little blazer ran a stop sign in front of my wife, son and step mother totalling the civic and nearly killing my family. I decided we will never drive something small again.