View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

RippSpeed is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ultimate iPod adaptor and 10Min install

Heres an UPDATE!!! ipod troubler partners...

I've narrowed it down to a plug issue... When I was dropping the rig at the dealer. I wanted to swap back over to the stock tunning on my Hypertech tuner. And for some reason my hypertech was reading a DTC U1000 code. Which means the factory ecu couldnt find a control module ( which is the xm receiver)... And it was not letting me re-program the ecu to the factory tuning. But, after about an hour of trying. I said screw it they werent touch the ecu or doing any diagnostics on the rig anyway... So I brought it to the dealer with the Hypertech tune in the ecu...

So when I got the rig back home from the dealer later on that day ... I re-programmed it with the hypertech but I had to clear the 2 codes I had which was P0300 and U1000 ... The P0300 is a code for faulty or plug injectors. And the U1000 is for the xm control module. So what I did was take out the IPOD adaptor. Re-program the factory ecu with the hypertech and it went smooth no issues... And as I re-read the ipod factory manual. It stated that we had to insulate the wiring harness for the adapter. So what I did was wrap the harness in electrical black tape and re-installed the ipod adapter. And secured it to a stable spot in the dash with zip ties... And ever since then I've only had 2 lights in the past 3 days...

It seems to me that the actual plug going into the xm module is not secure as much as the factory wiring harness which causes the fault in the dash... What I need to do is find a better quality plug and try it out...