View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone ever done the 2" suspension lift?

Soon grasshopper I will be able to enlighten you further on this subject. I dont know about the quality of the Predator kit, with all the issues others have reported over the course of the last year I would advise to stay away from their products.

Not that long ago you were talking about dropping some serious coin into modding your truck, I would recommend the Rubber Duck kit. Its the best kit out there, it retains the factory spec on the geometry of the suspension, and is the only kit to do so. Travis also includes new upper ball joints, and if you are looking to replace the springs he has the best price on them. IMO the Duck kit is the best one around, largely due to its retaining the stock suspension geometry, and this is coming from me, the guy who has a competitors kit.

If you can swing it I would buy the 12K half shafts and center the front diff. The half shafts are going to be pitched a bit more then the stock suspension setup. The 12K's and their durability will greatly help alleviate any problems on the trails. And by centering the front diff you will only need to carry one spare shaft on the trails (as we talked about in your other thread).

As far as shocks go: The stock shocks in the H1 suck. They generally dont last over 50K. My truck has the Cepek adjustable shocks in it. The ride a hell of alot better then stock, are physically MUCH larger, and will last alot longer. You'll spend 1200.00 on them, but they come with a lifetime warranty. IMO, they are well worth it in the end. And if you do the lift, its the perfect time to replace the shocks.

-007=