Thread: Battery Cover
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

SummitUp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Battery Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmanH2
Yes it does serve a purpose. It protects the battery from extreme heat and cold which may degrade your battery faster.
Right... and considering how often the OEM GM battery experiences premature failure, the battery cover does a great job doesn't it?

Look, the reality is that this forum and every other Hummer forum I'm a member of has literally dozens of threads devoted to how often the OEM battery fails prematurely. That's really what's relevant here isn't it? The battery in my '05 H2 failed after 2 years of service. Like many other forum members, I installed an Optima battery and never have had a problem since. I've been using Optima batteries for years in all my vehicles, and never have had one fail. In fact I have a pickup truck with a snow plow which has an Optima Red Top in it for 8 years now, and it still starts up just fine even on a cold winter morning here in the Rocky Mountains even with the temps below zero.

HummerJim, your H2 deserves a better battery than the OEM GM battery. And especially if you do any offroading, you don't want to be stranded because your vehicle wont start. The Optima battery is basically impervious to extreme heat and cold, so install one in your Hummer and have some peace of mind.