View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Hummer Novice

axxense is on a distinguished road
Default Re: '05 intermittent won't crank - start

Right - the search is a good thing. It has revealed many posts with very similar, yet, not exactly the same issue.

Some pose viable troubleshooting, but, talk about jumping the relay, etc. - Apologies, yet, I am pretty clueless, so, I need it stated more like, 'place one end of your wire at X, the other end at Y, then do this, then that'.

I also read where some replaced the starter, some the ignition switch, another says it is the switch/sensor that let's the ignition know that the gearshift is in park. After having read the posts, I can conclude it might be the starter (solenoid) or it might be the ignition switch - some say it is the 'gearshift in park' sensor/switch.

Certainly I could replace one or the other or all three and might be good to go. What I would rather do is definitively find the problem and correct it, as opposed to guessing, having it start and thinking I am fine, then getting myself in a remote gorge in the Washington Nat'l forest and discovering it was something else. Like I said - I can go a week without having any issue. That is why I am asking how to troubleshoot it. Thanks for the responses - all VERY much appreciated! VERY.

Last edited by axxense : 10-26-2008 at 05:26 PM.