View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 01:10 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

PhilD and KenP, thanks, I really should have taken the time to see if the vibrating problem could have been fixed while I had it out but was tired of screwing with it and was just glad the damn thing worked again :-)

Maybe I need to get a donor mirror from the salvage yard or E-bay and play around with it to see if it is fixable.

JohnnyRPM, I added more pictures to show how I took the door panel apart. It went back together without any problems and is just as quite as before.

If I might make a couple suggestions to anyone thinking of doing this, check fuses first, there should be a DDM and a PDM fuse, (one for each side) but if the fuse is blown I'd think none of the mirror functions will work. Also, when you push the button to fold in the mirrors, listen for the motors to see if they are running. In my case I could hear the passenger side motor run as the mirror did fold in but there was no sound coming from the drivers side mirror.

Hope this helps some out there fix theirs.

Side note, If I got the chance I'd consider going with the newer style mirrors, kinda like the looks of them.

Easy Ed