View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 01:41 AM

hoss75 is off the scale

OK, let me start off by saying that I can sympathize with all of you as I wheel with a Jeep Liberty. So I know how you can get harassed both on the trail and on the web. I also must admit that I didn't realize that people actually wheeled with the H2.

I first came across this video on the premiere Jeep Liberty Owners forum (http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/). I viewed the video and was a little annoyed at first by the attitude shown in the video, but also impressed with the wheeling shots of the H2. I then followed the link at the end of the video and came to this site. I've spent the last hour or so reading all of the posts here and I have come to understand the ideas behind this video. The problem is, this video is spreading like rapid fire and is going to be the first glimpse of the H2 wheeling community for many, many people; most of whom probably will not bother to come to this site and read this thread in its entirety. Instead they might think that the video represents the attitude of the H2 wheeling community, which it clearly does not (for most of you at least ... I have suspicions about one or two who shall remain nameless, but every group has its 10%).

So, for your community, this video may be a double edged sword. It will hopefully open more eyes to the capabilities and wheeling community of the H2, but it could also stir up allot of bad energy if it's taken in the wrong way (which is easy to do).

<step up on soap box>Personally, my one objection to it are the shots of Hitler and Hussein. This, to me, shows a blatant disrespect to all our Armed Forces who have given life and limb to remove these dictators from power. It was in bad taste, and I am not a person who is easily offended; parody and satire are fine, but this went to far IMHO.</soapbox off>

Anyway, for me at least, my eyes have been opened and I hope I get the chance to wheel with some of you soon (I'm near Pittsburgh, Pa)... Maybe I can make the Aug. 20th Paragon run, I've been itching to get back there, my last time there I was still bone stock.

Thanks for reading,

Hoss

P.S.
If anyone is interested here’s a link to my cardomain site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/782559