View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Hummer Professional

charles06 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aftermarket In-dash DVD/CD navigation recommendation

I have the high-end Kenwood unit, and it's great. I previously had the Pioneer one, but after it was stolen, I replaced it with the Kenwood. Kenwood pays Apple for some kind of rights to have access to software that makes their iPod/iPhone integration a little better.

The navigation on this works really well too, as it is essentially a Garmin unit in the Kenwood. If you've ever used a Garmin, you'll know how easy this works.

I also have the steering wheel controls, but don't expect them to work very long. Hummers, Escalades, and some Chevy trucks have a problem with these controls (not just the Kenwood ones). They are not hard to re-program, just a little annoying. Mine has stopped working once in about a year. The shop re-programmed it in about an hour.

Btw, the shop that did my work, and recommends this unit, has done work for about everyone you can imagine. I was looking at Dwight Howard's new Porsche Panamera Turbo when Vince Carter pulled up in his Maserati. The name of the shop is Ultimate Audio in Orlando, FL. Unbelievable place!
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat