View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 05:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

ehaser is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Group Buy for HID Bi-Xenon Headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by twr
Hi thats why i didn't buy his modern lights because they are not DOT i bought starr hid lights and i was thinking about the classic lights for my Harleys. The led could be great, but I deal with led lights on transit buses everyday some are good and some are crap. Plus if the LED burns out on the road your screwed their is no bulb to replace and if one burns out you may only be able to buy them in pairs. LED lights do draw way less amps but some are made cheap and don't last like they should i don't know about the ones your talking about. I have Starr HID headlights in my truck and i keep a spare ballast and bulb with me in the truck so no problems on the road with my HID lights. Starr uses phillps ballast and bulbs that are the best HID products out at this time but i keep spare stuff just in case. I would think the phillips stuff will last from 3 to 5 years but you never know. Thanks for the update.

Screw it. I'd buy them anyway.. The modern lights are so similar to the projector ones sold that are DOT approved. So long as you aim them correctly I highly doubt that you'll get some sort of fine.