Thread: tow rigs
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Hummer Expert

2010_5thgen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: tow rigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy0090
can i ask why that is? from my understanding (and correct me if im wrong) is this truck is basically a 2500 tahoe with a body kit? from what i can find is its 5 inches wider and about 1400 lbs heavier than a tahoe with a 6L and an HD trans. the rear air suspension is questionable for me, but ive also put a HD rear air bag in.

ive towed once with it with an 18foot steel bottom car hauler and my mustang on the back and she did great (until my power steering pump issue). i now tow with my k5. its got a 200k mile tbi 350 and a short as hell wheel base and it tows fine. i know ur camaro is a fat pig, but my mustang isnt exactly "light weight". id imagine your H would do great.

that said i know an 8k lb travel trailer is a totally different beast than a open car hauler
i guess it it based more on my ride there and the highway i take, than actually not towing. where i take my car ( mid ohio), its a very hilly, highway. just driving there in the hummer with no load, its constantly shifting in and out of gears and running through gas pretty quickly. adding a trailer to that would make me have to stop and get gas again before i even get there. these things are just so damn heavy, they have a hard enougj time chuggin themselves up hills....i wouldnt trust myself to tow my car behind it. i have a 01 2500 silverado with 264K on it that i would trust towing my car , more than the hummer.....well, i cant really say that. but i would pick the silverado to tow it if i had to choose.