View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LIFTED HUMMERS THREAD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJac963
I researched kits thoroughly when I was thinking about lifting and Bulletproof would be the only option. I don't want to hack up the diff or cut into any part of the frame at all. Completely reversible if need be which is a plus.

From the Cognito 10-12" installation instructions:

"Remove the factory crossmember that is bolted in between the rear lower control arm pockets. On the 10 and 12-inch kits, the flange just under the front differential pinion yolk on 4WD models will have to be cut off. Use a
reciprocating saw and stay close to the back of the control arm pocket. On the 7-inch kit, the flange with the back 1 1/2? of the rear lower control arm pocket must be cut off to clear the differential. Retain this piece if desired for future reinstallation."

From the Bulletproof 12" installation instructions:

"Now you have to cut the frame. It?s easier to refer to the pictures below. But basically you want to remove the factory bump stop mount, then slightly cut the lower part of the upper a-arm tabs to allow for clearance of bulletproofs new upper a-arm drop downs. This will also include slightly cutting part of the rear lower a-arm tabs. Please refer to the pictures, so there are no questions."

Neither seem to require that the mounting boss on the differential be cut, which the Fabtech and Rancho require, but saying that none of them require cutting of any kind isn't true.