View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 12:17 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SCAMMED by Humdingah!!!!!

Mark,
I want you to realize that I am neither on your side or Humdingah's side. I dont know Humdingah nor do I know you, I am just trying to be the voice of some reason here.
You have to consider the following.

You are pissed because you bought a seat and havent received it yet.
Ok, I understand. I have been there before (not by anyone on this forum, just saying), and I been on the sellers side before too

Here is the issues

Is Humdingah wrong, yes.... but to a point. Sure, you buy something you expect it to ship and arrive in a reasonable amount of time. 75 days is a long time and I would be upset too. Based on what I read, it looks like Dan or Humdingah didnt account for the way it needs to be shipped or the cost of the shipping (if he didnt you got one hell of a deal). Does that matter? No, but again you should consider it.
Should you forgive the delay, no but should there be some understanding yes. Dan isnt a business (as far as I can tell), he is just a normal guy looking to unload something. He has a job and a life outside of servicing you. If he worked for a dealership that sold seats all day long, that would be a different story. I have bought things online because the price is so cheap, only to find out that the reason why is because it is coming directly from China. So I make consideration that the item is cheaper because of the fact that I am not getting it immediately. I am sure if you werent searching for price you would have just ordered a new one. Right?

I think you need to realize the seat is HEAVY!!
So you cant just ship that via UPS. They wont take it so it has to be freight shipped. For a normal person, it is hard to find and setup shipping through freight companies. Usually they want big shipments with lots of dollars.
Trust me, I shipped a Vette convertible top and it took me months because of the way UPS wanted it packaged then they wouldnt accept it, then having to find a shipping company and so on. Given I was also traveling for my job too which cause some delays, but I was like Dan keeping in constant contact with the buyer. Sometimes things happen, and though my buyer wasnt happy with the time he was with the product and in fact stood up for me after all was finished.

Ok, so you are stating you havent gotten the seat yet. Yes, BUT!!! you also have been talking to Humdingah and he is still responding on the forum and in emails (as I see the last response to a private email you posted is 03 Jul). In fact he publicly stated in the forum you will get that seat for free. That pretty bold.
I mean hell if he is going to do business like that, I wouldnt mind him selling me his Hummer.

All I am saying is Humdingah is trying to do all he can to make it right on the forum, and you are trying to do all you can to get your seat from a forum member.

So lets not bash one person because of time and technical issues
I am sure he is trying.
Just like I am sure you are trying to be patient.
The main thing is he didnt "take the money and run" as you are stating.
Realize, some people have more to loose on a public forum then a few bucks.
Now if Dan joined, posted a couple times and then sold you a seat I would understand the nervousness of the purchase.
Hopefully once you receive the seat you will publicly retract statements, and if you dont then of course they have the right to stand

Just my two cents.
Hope all works out for both.

(and Dan, if you wanna sell me your truck for shipping..... I would gamble on that) :-)