View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

SummitUp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tranny cooler installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan
If you?ve done any research on the forums you know the stock transmission cooling setup is less than ideal. The transmission fluid flows through the inside of the radiator and an external transmission cooler.
Egan, what year is your H2? My '05 didn't ship from the factory with an external tranny cooler.

Also when I installed my cooler I removed the tranny lines from the radiator (you just remove a retaining clip and they come right out) instead of cutting them. I then plugged the holes in the radiator with brass plugs instead of joining the upper and lower cut connections with a hose. Even neater still.
'05 H2 Lux, 37" KM2's on 17" Hutchinson Double Beadlocks, Cognito UCA's, Cognito Sway Bar Links, Custom Hydro-Assist Steering Upgrade, Eaton Front Differential Locker, 1" Rear Coil Spacers, Chevy Green Key Torsion Bar "Lift," Bilstein Shocks, Warn 9.5ti Multimount Winch, Dual Optima Yellow Top Battery's, Piaa & Hella Off-road lights, Gobi Rack, Tru-cool External Transmission Oil Cooler, Diablo Predator Hi-Octane Tune.