View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:44 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Removing air suspension, replacing with coils

Sorry Buck but all the stuff that I removed is not something I would recommend to anyone unless they really feel comfortable in doing so and also sorry to say there is no detailed "how to" to remove it all, I just got crazy in removing mine as seen in the pic's cause it pissed me off for the last time

Pulling the compressor is not hard, few bolts and electrical connectors and hoses to the bags, rest of the replacement is in the links. Anything left in the way of wiring harness to the compressor and to the sensors can be wire tied up. Removing the relay up on the front frame rail along with disconnecting the battery for a few may prevent the "Service Suspension" light from coming on.

Best of luck, Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_Buckaroo
Howdy Easy Ed,

Mucho thanks for reaching out a helping hand pard', and providing those links.

In one of them you said " pulled the compressor and leveling sensors out completly "...I don't suppose a more detailed description of precisely how you do this exists anywhere? I'm recently retired from the home building trades and could easily design/build you your own personal cathedral, but, it's been MANY years since my days of tinkering with race cars and hot rods....heck, the only mechanical tools I own are a set of Husky brand sockets my kind wife bought me for Christmas. Sufficient for household undertakings but for anything more than that they are

Buck.

Last edited by Easy Ed : 01-11-2013 at 01:47 AM.