View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Removing air suspension, replacing with coils

Buck, Even though it is kinda cold out here in Ohio I went on out to the garage crawled around on the floor and check what size sockets you would need for those bolts. The shock bolt takes a 21 mm socket, the upper sway bar bolt takes a 18 mm socket. Might be a good idea to also have box end wrench's in those sizes also to hold the other end of the bolt. (This is on a 2003 and do not know if different on newer models)

Good luck, Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_Buckaroo
Howdy Ed,

Again, thanks for the advice.

I just now ordered those specific part #'s from gmpartsdirect.com that Egan listed in his original post...guess I'll just have to cross my fingers and 'soldier thru' any difficulties.

I don't suppose anybody knows/remembers exactly what size the bolt/nuts were that our good Egan mentioned...? " For the shocks, remove the bolts at the bottom. For the swaybars, it will be easier to remove the bolt up top " I'll be taking it to one of those DIY shops ( Don't Laugh!) where you can either do it yourself, have them help, or let them do it for you, and just wanted to make sure I brought the correct tools with me (to potentially lessen the 'chuckle' factor).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Buck.