View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default Re: THESE ADVERTISEMENT THREADS SUCK.....FCUK OUTTA HERE!!!!

I don't know where the breakdown is though...there still seems to be a human review taking place for account approval. The test accounts that I created were rejected...so Jason or someone is manually reviewing registrants.

And the 'Active Member' count keeps fluctuating up and down...sometimes over 16,000 sometimes under. That tells me that someone is at the helm...the question is why are the spams still getting through?

I seem to recall that many of the accounts that I banned were created in July of last year. Perhaps there was a period where registration was set to automatic thus allowing the bots to successfully register new accounts for later use...like sleeper accounts.

I think Jason should do a blanket clean-up on the accounts. I think he should start by marking any active account that has not yet posted as 'banned.' This will catch a few good eggs, which we can correct later, but will rid us of all the spambot sleeper accounts. If new registrations continue to remain under human review, this should give us a quick hold on the situation.